Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RockChalkJayhawk
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 192

    #1

    Can't make Maq

    Hey all,

    I have tried to install Maq-0.7.1 from the sourceforge website many times but I see a couple of problems. First I don't think it is configuring right. I keep getting a warning with my zlib.h. Then, it can't findgnu/stubs-64.h.

    Any suggestions?

    Here is the code:

    steven@Home[maq-0.7.1] ./configure [ 8:28AM]
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
    checking whether build environment is sane... yes
    checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
    checking for gawk... no
    checking for mawk... mawk
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
    checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
    checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
    checking whether the C compiler works... yes
    checking whether we are cross compiling... no
    checking for suffix of executables...
    checking for suffix of object files... o
    checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
    checking for g++... g++
    checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
    checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
    checking if gcc accepts -m64... yes
    checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
    checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
    checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
    checking for ANSI C header files... no
    checking for sys/types.h... no
    checking for sys/stat.h... no
    checking for stdlib.h... no
    checking for string.h... no
    checking for memory.h... no
    checking for strings.h... no
    checking for inttypes.h... no
    checking for stdint.h... no
    checking for unistd.h... no
    checking zlib.h usability... no
    checking zlib.h presence... yes
    configure: WARNING: zlib.h: present but cannot be compiled
    configure: WARNING: zlib.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
    configure: WARNING: zlib.h: see the Autoconf documentation
    configure: WARNING: zlib.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
    configure: WARNING: zlib.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
    configure: WARNING: zlib.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
    checking for zlib.h... yes
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating config.h
    config.status: config.h is unchanged
    steven@Home[maq-0.7.1] make [ 8:28AM]
    make all-am
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steven/maq-0.7.1'
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Wall -m64 -D_FASTMAP -DMAQ_LONGREADS -g -O2 -c main.c
    In file included from /usr/include/features.h:354,
    from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
    from main.c:1:
    /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:9:27: error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steven/maq-0.7.1'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    steven@Home[maq-0.7.1] make install [ 8:30AM]
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Wall -m64 -D_FASTMAP -DMAQ_LONGREADS -g -O2 -c main.c
    In file included from /usr/include/features.h:354,
    from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
    from main.c:1:
    /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:9:27: error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or directory
    make: *** [main.o] Error 1
  • nilshomer
    Nils Homer
    • Nov 2008
    • 1283

    #2
    Originally posted by RockChalkJayhawk View Post
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Wall -m64 -D_FASTMAP -DMAQ_LONGREADS -g -O2 -c main.c
    In file included from /usr/include/features.h:354,
    from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
    from main.c:1:
    /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:9:27: error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or directory
    make: *** [main.o] Error 1
    This could be a number of issues relating to 64-bit computing (you are using a 64-bit processor right?).

    Try updating your "libc6-dev" package (c library development package). Also try passing in the option "--disable-multilib" when you run "./configure". Could you tell us what OS and architecture you are using?

    Comment

    • RockChalkJayhawk
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 192

      #3
      Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
      This could be a number of issues relating to 64-bit computing (you are using a 64-bit processor right?).

      Try updating your "libc6-dev" package (c library development package). Also try passing in the option "--disable-multilib" when you run "./configure". Could you tell us what OS and architecture you are using?
      I am running Bio-Linux on AMD athlon X2 Dual-core QL-64. I tried to update my libc6-dev but when I did, it said I was trying to download the wrong architecture (I was trying the AMD download). Any ideas?

      Comment

      • nilshomer
        Nils Homer
        • Nov 2008
        • 1283

        #4
        Originally posted by RockChalkJayhawk View Post
        I am running Bio-Linux on AMD athlon X2 Dual-core QL-64. I tried to update my libc6-dev but when I did, it said I was trying to download the wrong architecture (I was trying the AMD download). Any ideas?
        From this page it looks like Bio-Linux likes 32-bit packages only, but their website does not have amazing documentation so I could be wrong. Can you change distributions (I would recommend Ubuntu for a desktop and Cent OS for a server) and install the 64-bit versions?

        Comment

        • RockChalkJayhawk
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 192

          #5
          Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
          From this page it looks like Bio-Linux likes 32-bit packages only, but their website does not have amazing documentation so I could be wrong. Can you change distributions (I would recommend Ubuntu for a desktop and Cent OS for a server) and install the 64-bit versions?
          Now it all makes sense! Thanks nilshomer. I will have to change my OS.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Today, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          27 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          24 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          46 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
          1 response
          55 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...