No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output of HTseq-count?

Hi Everyone,
    I'm trying my hands at HTseq-count and was able to run it on our university cluster. We're using version htseq/0.4.6p1. My input command was
    htseq-count --stranded=no -o samout q1.sam GeneWithUTR.gff
    At the end of the run I got following output message,
    43033693 reads processed.
    no_feature 39980188
    ambiguous 0
    too_low_aQual 0
    not_aligned 0
    alignment_not_unique 63473377.
    Is this all that is of the output? I looked for a file with read counts but didn't end up having one. Is there some problem here. I tried to give -o as output string..but to an error message saying that there's no such option. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance for the answer!
    Best,

As a first step, try to use a current version of HTSeq, please.

Then, remember that you need to specify the '-i' and '-t' options unless you use an Ensembl GTF file.

Comment

Hi Simon,
      Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll try the latest version!
      Best,

Comment

Hi Simon,
        I tried the latest version and also added the attributes..it works now.
        Thanks a lot..
        Best,

Comment

Hi,

I'm switching over to try HTSeq to use with DESeq, and I'm having a little trouble getting it to run. Specifically, I'm running it like this:

python -m HTSeq.scripts.count -o HT_Out accepted_hits.sam hg19_knowngene2.gtf

I got my accepted_hits.sam file by first sorting by output from Tophat (accepted_hits.bam) and then using samtools view to convert the sorted accepted_hits.bam to a sorted accepted_hits.sam.

However, every line outputted says the following:
          Warning: Read HWI-1KL118:23:C0J57ACXX:8:1106:5750:192499 claims to have an aligned mate which could not be found. (Is the SAM file properly sorted?)

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

You need to sort by read name before inputting to HTSeq. It seems you have sorted in the "regular way", by genomic coordinates.

Comment

Thanks, that did the trick!

Comment

Can I run more than one count table at a time? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Python, so I've been running my HTSeq like this:

python -m HTSeq.scripts.count -o HT_Out accepted_hits.sam hg19_knowngene2.gtf

And after I run that on one of my samples, when I go to run it on another, it seems like the first file stopped running.

Comment

How do you start the multiple processes? Most likely, you have made a mistake that has little to do with Python or htseq.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses