Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zhuya5607
    Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 18

    #1

    DEXSeq error:Failed to set up model frames for genes

    Here is how I produced the error:
    annotationfile=file.path(inDir,"Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.68.DEXSeq.chr.gff")
    esc=read.HTSeqCounts(countfiles=file.path(inDir,paste(rownames(samples),"txt",sep=".")),design=samples,flattenedfile=annotationfile)
    sampleNames(esc)=rownames(samples)
    esc<- estimateSizeFactors(esc)
    design(esc)
    condition libType
    H0-R1exoncount H0 paired-end
    H0-R2exoncount H0 paired-end
    H0-R3exoncount H0 paired-end
    H24-R1exoncount H24 paired-end
    H24-R2exoncount H24 paired-end
    H24-R3exoncount H24 paired-end

    esc<- estimateDispersions(esc)

    Everything is working fine until the estimateDispersions step, I got the following warning messages:
    1: In .local(object, ...) :
    Exons with less than 11 counts will be discarded. For more details read the documentation, parameter minCount
    2: In .local(object, ...) :
    Genes with more than 70 testable exons will be kicked out of the analysis. For more details read the documentation, parameter maxExon
    3: In .local(object, ...) :
    Failed to set up model frames for genes ENSG00000000003, ENSG00000000419, ENSG00000000457, ENSG00000000460, ENSG00000001036, ENSG00000001084+ENSG00000231683, ENSG00000001167, ENSG00000001460, ENSG00000001461, ENSG00000001497, ENSG00000001617, ENSG00000001629, ENSG00000001630+ENSG00000240720, ENSG00000001631+ENSG00000243107, ENSG00000002079, ENSG00000002330, ENSG00000002549, ENSG00000002586, ENSG00000002587, ENSG00000002822, ENSG00000002834, ENSG00000002919, ENSG00000003056, ENSG00000003249, ENSG00000003393, ENSG00000003400, ENSG00000003402, ENSG00000003436, ENSG00000003509, ENSG00000003987, ENSG00000004059+ENSG00000106328, ENSG00000004399, ENSG00000004455, ENSG00000004478, ENSG00000004487, ENSG00000004660, ENSG00000004700, ENSG00000004766, ENSG00000004777, ENSG00000004779, ENSG00000004838, ENSG00000004864, ENSG00000004897, ENSG00000004961, ENSG00000004975, ENSG00000005001, ENSG00000005007, ENSG00000005020, ENSG00000005022, ENSG00000005059, ENSG00000005073, ENSG00000005075, ENSG0000000 [... truncated]

    Does anyone know what is the problem?


    sessionInfo()
    R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
    Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

    locale:
    [1] C/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/C/C

    attached base packages:
    [1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods
    [7] base

    other attached packages:
    [1] DEXSeq_1.2.0 Biobase_2.16.0 BiocGenerics_0.2.0
  • dpryan
    Devon Ryan
    • Jul 2011
    • 3478

    #2
    I had the same error and it was fixed by upgrading to the most recent version of DEXSeq (1.2.1 I think).

    Comment

    • zhuya5607
      Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 18

      #3
      Originally posted by dpryan View Post
      I had the same error and it was fixed by upgrading to the most recent version of DEXSeq (1.2.1 I think).
      Thanks, I will try it.

      Comment

      • zhuya5607
        Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 18

        #4
        Originally posted by dpryan View Post
        I had the same error and it was fixed by upgrading to the most recent version of DEXSeq (1.2.1 I think).
        I updated DEXSeq to 1.2.1, but it still gives exactly same warning message.

        > sessionInfo()
        R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
        Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

        locale:
        [1] C/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/C/C

        attached base packages:
        [1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods
        [7] base

        other attached packages:
        [1] DEXSeq_1.2.1 Biobase_2.16.0 BiocGenerics_0.2.0

        loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
        [1] AnnotationDbi_1.18.1 DBI_0.2-5 DESeq_1.8.3
        [4] IRanges_1.14.4 RColorBrewer_1.0-5 RCurl_1.91-1
        [7] RSQLite_0.11.1 XML_3.9-4 annotate_1.34.1
        [10] biomaRt_2.12.0 genefilter_1.38.0 geneplotter_1.34.0
        [13] grid_2.15.1 hwriter_1.3 plyr_1.7.1
        [16] splines_2.15.1 statmod_1.4.15 stats4_2.15.1
        [19] stringr_0.6.1 survival_2.36-14 tools_2.15.1
        [22] xtable_1.7-0

        Comment

        • dpryan
          Devon Ryan
          • Jul 2011
          • 3478

          #5
          Originally posted by zhuya5607 View Post
          I updated DEXSeq to 1.2.1, but it still gives exactly same warning message.
          Hmm, in that case I don't know. I was able to track down the error by going through the code for estimateDispersions (I think), which threw an error when trying to call glmnb.fit or something like that. I think the version I had was incorrectly calling the function or something like that. You might give something like that a try or just shoot an email to one of the package maintainers.

          Comment

          • areyes
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 165

            #6
            Hi zhuya5607,

            As dpryan pointed out, I have corrected this in DEXSeq 1.2.1. It is strange that it is giving you troubles also this last version and actually I can not reproduce this error! Would you mind sending me your ExonCountSet object with a reproducible code? so I could take a closer look?

            Alejandro

            Comment

            • zhuya5607
              Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 18

              #7
              Originally posted by areyes View Post
              Hi zhuya5607,

              As dpryan pointed out, I have corrected this in DEXSeq 1.2.1. It is strange that it is giving you troubles also this last version and actually I can not reproduce this error! Would you mind sending me your ExonCountSet object with a reproducible code? so I could take a closer look?

              Alejandro
              Hi, Alejandro

              I found out why I still got the same error when I updated to DEXSeq 1.2.1. Because I was using R-studio, a Graphical interface tool, which saves the workplace when I log out. So, when I log in to R again after update, it actually loaded the saved workplace in which the old version DEXSeq 1.20 is attached.
              But the weird thing is that the sessionInfo() shows I was using the new version.

              There is no error now when I reload the new version.

              Thanks for your and dpryan's kind help!

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              29 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              24 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              46 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
              1 response
              55 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...