No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between bait and target region

Hi all,

I am using CalculateHsMetrics.jar of PicardTools.
    Although I defined my targetinterval exactly the same as my bait interval (BAIT_INTERVALS=$targetInterval TARGET_INTERVALS=$targetInterval), my mean_bait_coverage and mean_target_coverage in my output file do differ ( 600X vs 2X) What can be the reason for this?

thanks in advance,

Wondered the same thing and found your post DuckDuckGoing it. Eventually figured out the little difference in how they are computed, according to the documentation (http://broadinstitute.github.io/pica...ml#HsMetrics):
    MEAN_BAIT_COVERAGE The mean coverage of all baits in the experiment.
    MEAN_TARGET_COVERAGE The mean coverage of targets that received at least coverage depth = 2 at one base.

I think the difference is that the mean target coverage is only calculated for targets where at least one base has a coverage of 2 or higher. However, mean bait coverage is calculated for ALL baits, including those with no coverage at all. You would thus expect these (almost) no coverage baits to drag down the average to a lower value, which is what I see.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses