I am trying to install MACS peak caller from deb but it is saying that I dont have python 2.6 install even though I have. What could be wrong?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
I'm trying to install MACS version 1.4.2 and I have python version 2.7.4 installed in Ubuntu. The MACS website says Python version must be 2.6 or 2.7 and it fails to install for me saying "macs depends on python2.6". How can I install it and will it work with 2.7.4 or do I have to downgrade to 2.6 (or 2.7?).
-
Might not be picking up your version of python.should indicate what version of python you have,Code:python -V
will indicate which binary of python is being used (in case you have multiple versions in play). Is your pythonpath env variable set correctly? Are you pointing to the correct python libraries?Code:which python
The other option is going from source. Even if you don't use the compiled binary, it'll probably spit out an error message if your install fails, and that will also be useful in troubleshooting.
It looks like MACS bundles with a setup.py, so a python setup.py install --user should install MACS locally.Last edited by ctseto; 11-14-2013, 12:15 PM.
Comment
-
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
48 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
39 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment