No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samtools compiling issues on Solaris 11

Hi all,

I'm quite new to the field and I'm having issues compiling samtools 0.1.19 from source. I'm using a SunOs Solaris 11 platform and this is the message displayed ....
    (I have installed zlib 1.2.3 and GNU ncurses 5.9 as indicated in the INSTALL file)...

am2bcf_indel.c: In function ‘bcf_call_gap_prep’:
    bam2bcf_indel.c:408:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘alloca’
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -I. bam_tview_curses.c -o bam_tview_curses.o
    bam_tview_curses.c:7:2: warning: #warning "_CURSES_LIB=1 but NCURSES_VERSION not defined; tview is NOT compiled"
    In file included from bam_tview.h:11:0,
    from bam_tview_curses.c:19:
    faidx.h:76:50: error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘register’
    bam_tview_curses.c:287:2: warning: #warning "No curses library is available; tview with curses is disabled."
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bam_tview_curses.o'
    Current working directory /home/username/samtools/samtools-0.1.19
    *** Error code 1
    The following command caused the error:
    target=`echo all-recur | sed s/-recur//`; \
    wdir=`pwd`; \
    list='. bcftools misc'; for subdir in $list; do \
    cd $subdir; \
    make CC="gcc" DFLAGS="-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1" CFLAGS="-g -Wall -O2" \
    INCLUDES="-I." LIBPATH="" $target || exit 1; \
    cd $wdir; \
    done;
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recur'

I tried to make clean and modify the Makefile as follows

`-D_CURSES_LIB=1' to `-D_CURSES_LIB=0' at the line starting with `DFLAGS=', and
    comment out the line starting with `LIBCURSES='. as suggested in the INSTALL file

but I still get an error...

does anyone have an idea on what is going wrong ?

Have you tried appending the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable with paths for ncurses and zlib?

Comment

Random suggestion; at the suggestion of another informatics guy at my work, I altered the samtools Makefile so that it read

Code:
      LIBCURSES=	-lncurses
      And that made it work for me. So maybe a small tweak to that line of the Makefile will fix your problem.

Comment

Hi,
        I face same problem as mentioned. i am installing samtools version0.19 .
        The Error i am getting is
        warning: #warning "No curses library is available; tview with curses is disabled."
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=0 -I. bam_tview_html.c -o bam_tview_html.o
        gcc -g -Wall -O2 -o samtools bam_tview.o bam_plcmd.o sam_view.o bam_rmdup.o bam_rmdupse.o bam_mate.o bam_stat.o bam_color.o bamtk.o kaln.o bam2bcf.o bam2bcf_indel.o errmod.o sample.o cut_target.o phase.o bam2depth.o padding.o bedcov.o bamshuf.o bam_tview_curses.o bam_tview_html.o libbam.a -Lbcftools -lbcf -lncurses -lm -lz -lpthread
        phase.o: In function `loadpos':
        /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/phase.c:475: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
        bedcov.o: In function `main_bedcov':
        /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bedcov.c:69: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
        libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `__bam_get_lines':
        /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bam_import.c:76: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
        libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `sam_open':
        /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bam_import.c:472: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
        libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `sam_header_read2':
        /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bam_import.c:126: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
        libbam.a(bedidx.o):/illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bedidx.c:107: more undefined references to `gzopen64' follow
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        make[1]: *** [samtools] Error 1
        make[1]: Leaving directory `/illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools'
        make: *** [all-recur] Error 1

Even i tried to change "LIBCURSES= -lncurses" and try make. but again i am getting same error

please suggest..

Thanks
        Sridhar

Comment

Originally posted by sridhar28 View Post
          Hi,
          I face same problem as mentioned. i am installing samtools version0.19 .
          The Error i am getting is
          warning: #warning "No curses library is available; tview with curses is disabled."
          gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=0 -I. bam_tview_html.c -o bam_tview_html.o
          gcc -g -Wall -O2 -o samtools bam_tview.o bam_plcmd.o sam_view.o bam_rmdup.o bam_rmdupse.o bam_mate.o bam_stat.o bam_color.o bamtk.o kaln.o bam2bcf.o bam2bcf_indel.o errmod.o sample.o cut_target.o phase.o bam2depth.o padding.o bedcov.o bamshuf.o bam_tview_curses.o bam_tview_html.o libbam.a -Lbcftools -lbcf -lncurses -lm -lz -lpthread
          phase.o: In function `loadpos':
          /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/phase.c:475: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
          bedcov.o: In function `main_bedcov':
          /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bedcov.c:69: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
          libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `__bam_get_lines':
          /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bam_import.c:76: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
          libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `sam_open':
          /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bam_import.c:472: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
          libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `sam_header_read2':
          /illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bam_import.c:126: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
          libbam.a(bedidx.o):/illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools/bedidx.c:107: more undefined references to `gzopen64' follow
          collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
          make[1]: *** [samtools] Error 1
          make[1]: Leaving directory `/illumina/data/galaxy/apps/samtools'
          make: *** [all-recur] Error 1

Even i tried to change "LIBCURSES= -lncurses" and try make. but again i am getting same error

please suggest..

Thanks
          Sridhar
          Have you installed the Zlib and NCURSES libraries?

Comment

Hi geno,

Thank you for the reply.

I dint install those library.. could you please tell how to install it??

Thanks
            Sridhar

Comment

Originally posted by sridhar28 View Post
              Hi geno,

Thank you for the reply.

I dint install those library.. could you please tell how to install it??

Thanks
              Sridhar
              I am rusty on solaris so there may be other ways to get this:

Sunfreeware site: http://www.sunfreeware.com/source-list.html

Comment

Hi Geno,

Thanks for the links..

i am using redhat linux system..
                after installing again i am facing same errors.. any thoughts??

samtools binary will be created only after installing the libraries??
                Last edited by sridhar28; 05-30-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses