X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anibhax
    replied
    Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
    As chipper suggested in #8, have you tested to eliminate the possibility that the non-mapping fraction is some kind of contaminant?

This software package from folks at Babraham can help: http://www.bioinformatics.babraham.a.../fastq_screen/
    Hi GenoMax,

For the fastq_screen I'm guessing it's necessary to know which adaptors or vectors I think might be involved prior to using it. Is it correct?

If so, are there default adapters/vectors available for certain Illumina platforms or do I need to contact the people who ran the analysis for the list?

Leave a comment:

• anibhax
    replied
    Originally posted by Chipper View Post
    You don't use beads for input. If they are the source of the contaminant you would expect to see it in IgG but not in input.
    I see. Well, I did BLAST the reads (a handful) which were unmapped. They mapped to human with a significant e-value. But I'm working on a worm. I'm not sure what to make out of the BLAST results.

Leave a comment:

• Chipper
    replied
    Originally posted by anibhax View Post
    The control was Input. Does it make a difference in the analysis if it is input or IgG?
    You don't use beads for input. If they are the source of the contaminant you would expect to see it in IgG but not in input.

Leave a comment:

• GenoMax
    replied
    As chipper suggested in #8, have you tested to eliminate the possibility that the non-mapping fraction is some kind of contaminant?

This software package from folks at Babraham can help: http://www.bioinformatics.babraham.a.../fastq_screen/

Leave a comment:

• anibhax
    replied
    Originally posted by Chipper View Post
    Was the control IgG or input? If only 10% align I would suspect a contamination from the beads, perhaps they were blocked with ssDNA or you have osm bacteria growing in the buffer. Try a quick assembly using e.g Minia and blast the major contigs.

The 10% could still be usable if you have good enrichment.
    The control was Input. Does it make a difference in the analysis if it is input or IgG?

Leave a comment:

• Chipper
    replied
    Was the control IgG or input? If only 10% align I would suspect a contamination from the beads, perhaps they were blocked with ssDNA or you have osm bacteria growing in the buffer. Try a quick assembly using e.g Minia and blast the major contigs.

The 10% could still be usable if you have good enrichment.

Leave a comment:

• anibhax
    replied
    Originally posted by kopi-o View Post
    If the ChIP has succeeded, typically no. But I think it's not uncommon to get poor enrichment leading to things like adapter contamination as mentioned above. Or perhaps the sequencing was suboptimal so you have poor quality at the end of the reads and Bowtie has trouble mapping with certain parameters.
    When I ran the FastQC analysis, I checked all those adaptor contamination. I used trim-galore too to remove poor quality reads and default Illumina adaptors. Still, it gives me poor results. Hence, the bemusement.

I was wondering what might be the cause. The difference between treatment and control seem to be too much!

Leave a comment:

• anibhax
    replied
    Originally posted by zinky View Post
    make sure that u have done the quality controll step ,this pheno may result from adaptor contamination
    @Zinky: I already did the quality check. I don't think it is adaptor contamination!

Leave a comment:

• kopi-o
    replied
    So normally there should not be any significant changes in mapping statistics between control and treatment right?
    If the ChIP has succeeded, typically no. But I think it's not uncommon to get poor enrichment leading to things like adapter contamination as mentioned above. Or perhaps the sequencing was suboptimal so you have poor quality at the end of the reads and Bowtie has trouble mapping with certain parameters.

Leave a comment:

• zinky
    replied
    make sure that u have done the quality controll step ,this pheno may result from adaptor contamination

Leave a comment:

• anibhax
    replied
    So normally there should not be any significant changes in mapping statistics between control and treatment right?

Leave a comment:

• kopi-o
    replied
    Yes, it sounds way too low.

Leave a comment:

• Is it normal to hav very low mapping for TREATMENT file in Chip-seq?

Hi,

I'm working on chip-seq and it looks like I have an issue. I'm not sure if it's normal for a chip-seq analysis.

I have a control and treatment file (in fastq format), which I mapped it using Bowtie2. The problem here is, while the input file has 90% mapped, treatment has only 10% mapped (mapping statistics by samtools flagstat option). Is it something I should be worried about?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Developments in Metagenomics
    by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
    09-23-2024, 06:35 AM
  • seqadmin
    Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
    by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
    09-09-2024, 10:59 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 10-02-2024, 04:51 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
0 responses