Hello, is there an easy way to retrieve the sequences from the hits in the blastn output? I just need the sequences without the gap insertions "-". Thank you.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Thank you GenoMax. I tried using blastdbcmd but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working as described on that page.
I have downloaded the Gallus 4 genome from NCBI and ran makeblastdb using blast+ 2.2.25. When I run:
blastdbcmd -db gga_ref_Gallus_gallus-4.0_all.db -entry all | grep ">" | head
I get:
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|0 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 1, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|1 gi|358485510|ref|NC_006089.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 2, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|2 gi|358485509|ref|NC_006090.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 3, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|3 gi|358485508|ref|NC_006091.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 4, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|4 gi|358485507|ref|NC_006092.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 5, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|5 gi|358485506|ref|NC_006093.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 6, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|6 gi|358485505|ref|NC_006094.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 7, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|7 gi|358485504|ref|NC_006095.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 8, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|8 gi|358485503|ref|NC_006096.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 9, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
>gnl|BL_ORD_ID|9 gi|358485502|ref|NC_006097.3| Gallus gallus breed Red Jungle fowl, inbred line UCD001 chromosome 10, Gallus_gallus-4.0, whole genome shotgun sequence
But when I try running:
blastdbcmd -db gga_ref_Gallus_gallus-4.0_all.db -entry 358485511
I get:
Error: 358485511: OID not found
BLAST query/options error: Entry not found in BLAST database
The entry seems to be there so why can't blastdbcmd recognize it when I try to query it?
Comment
-
-
-
See http://blastedbio.blogspot.jp/2012/1...cbi-blast.html for my thoughts on the difference between the NCBI style IDs and free-format user provided identifiers (and the problems using them with blastdbcmd).
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
40 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment