Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • petrie
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 5

    #1

    trimmomatic syntax help

    Hi! I am trying to use trimmomatic in palindrome mode to remove adaptor sequence from readthrough past the end of my fragment.
    (My fragments are ~200 nt, and I sequenced with a 2X251 MiSeq run).
    I am having trouble getting the syntax right. Below is command I'm using but I keep just getting a usage message, so I must be typing something in wrong.

    I'm a bench scientist in the process of learning coding by doing, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me spot the noob error. Thanks!


    java -jar `which trimmomatic.jar` /opt/applications/trimmomatic/0.30/trimmomatic.jar
    PE -phred33 -trimlog 092713log1.log
    2013-5_S5_L001_R1_001.fastq 2013-5_S5_L001_R2_001.fastq 092713pairedR1.fastq 092713unpairedR1.fastq
    092713pairedR2.fastq 092713unpariedR2.fastq ILLUMINACLIP:Nexterai7Multiplex2_PE_barcode5.fasta:4:30:7:1:true


    Here's the error I get back. I assume it's the program's way of informing me that I am entering the parameters incorrectly.

    Usage:
    PE [-threads <threads>] [-phred33|-phred64] [-trimlog <trimLogFile>] <inputFile1> <inputFile2> <outputFile1P> <outputFile1U> <outputFile2P> <outputFile2U> <trimmer1>...
    or:
    SE [-threads <threads>] [-phred33|-phred64] [-trimlog <trimLogFile>] <inputFile> <outputFile> <trimmer1>...
  • JackieBadger
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 385

    #2
    get rid of `which trimmomatic.jar`.... this is a command you use to locate files when you do not know the path.... seeing as this function returns the path, that is what you use

    Comment

    • petrie
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 5

      #3
      Thank you!!!!!

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      27 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      45 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...