No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vcf-consensus for individuals from 1000G

Hi,

I would like to create consensus sequence for an individual from 1000G where the sequence incorporates variants typed for this individual.

Using tabix and vcf-tools (vcf-subset), I extracted the relevant variant information from 1000G SNP call files.

At this point, I have variants per chromosome for individual HG000096.

I would like to incorporate these variants into reference coding sequence.

I downloaded all protein-coding sequences for the GRCh37 version from Ensembl Biomart.

An example with trimmed sequence looks like this:

Code:
    >ENSG00000003137|ENST00000001146|ENSP00000001146|2|72356367|72375167
    ATGCTCTTTGAGGGCTTGGATCTGGTGTCGGCGCTGGCCACCCTCGCCGCGTGCCTGGTG
    TCCGTGACGCTGCTGCTGGCCGTGTCGCAGCAGCTGTGGCAGCTGCGCTGGGCCGCCACT
    CGCGACAAGAGCTGCAAGCTGCCCATCCCCAAGGGATCCATGGGCTTCCCGCTCATCGGA
    Note: typical fasta sequence file with the header including gene|transcript|protein|chr|chr_start|chr_end

My understanding is that there are a few alternatives out there to produce consensus sequences given a reference fasta sequence and variant call file: (1) AlternativeReferenceMaker, (2) vcf-consensus, (3) mpileup.

I would like to use vcf-consensus for my task.

vcftools describes the use of vcf-consensus as follows:

Code:
    cat ref.fa | vcf-consensus file.vcf.gz > out.fa
    I presume that the reference file here refers to the reference DNA sequence including coding and non-coding parts of the genome. In that case, my protein-coding sequence above would not work as an acceptable reference sequence. Nevertheless, I am only interested in the protein-coding part.

How can I modify vcf-consensus or my input sequences to create consensus coding sequence for HG00096 given the reference coding sequence and his variants?

Thank you very much.

As soon as I figure out a way to get this done, I will have a follow-up question concerning the diploidy, that is, how can I tell whether a variant is called at a heterozygous site or not.

cross posted on biostars: http://www.biostars.org/p/85681/

Comment

cross posted on biostars: http://www.biostars.org/p/85681/
      Yes! Thank you for the link.

Comment

Can anybody help to figure out this problem?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses