No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bioinformatics LIMS

Hello,
    I am looking for a ind of LIMS that would not care of sample traceability but of the analysis traceability.
    I would like to know if you are aware of soft (preferably free but I take all the answers) that would be able to keep all the information of which soft has been used, which version of this soft, where is the data ...

thanks a lot

re: analysis tracking

We presented our internal system at CSHL a few months ago, but sadly do not have it packaged to work outside of the center yet.

It will hopefully be available for download in the next few months though. I will be sure to post as soon as it is...

Scott Smith
    Manager, Application Programming and Development
    Analysis Pipeline
    The Genome Center
    Washington University School of Medicine

Comment

thanks a lot, that would be very helpful. just for me to know, which technology/language does it use ?

Comment

Originally posted by aurelielaugraud View Post
        Hello,
        I am looking for a ind of LIMS that would not care of sample traceability but of the analysis traceability.
        I would like to know if you are aware of soft (preferably free but I take all the answers) that would be able to keep all the information of which soft has been used, which version of this soft, where is the data ...

thanks a lot
        I don't know how many instruments you have and what are you resources but I'd suggest you write your own LIMS. You'll have to invest some resources initially but it will pay off down the road since you'll full control of your tool.
        -drd

Comment

Pipeline Pilot is the commercial tool that is near the space you are speaking of.

This does seem to be something that is continually reinvented because (a) nobody likes the prior or (b) everyone wants complete control

Comment

analysis information management system

Originally posted by aurelielaugraud View Post
            thanks a lot, that would be very helpful. just for me to know, which technology/language does it use ?
            The majority is written in object-oriented Perl.
            David Dooling

Comment

thanks for the replies and suggestions

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses