Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inscent
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 2

    #1

    Running TopHat/Cufflinks on Google Compute Engine

    Does anyone have any experience using the Google Compute Engine (or Amazon Web Services, or any other IAAS for that matter) to do RNA-Seq analysis with TopHat? The computers I have available are not at all suited to the task, and so I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has used one of these services.
  • scbody
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 2

    #2
    GoogleCompute

    Hi
    I'm also interested in hearing of anyone doing analyses on GoogleCompute. It seems much more functional and certainly cheaper now.
    Thanks

    Comment

    • mastal
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 666

      #3
      I used Amazon Web Services EC2 to analyze some RNA-Seq data with Bowtie, Tophat and Cufflinks a few years ago.

      I used a Ubuntu Linux ami, with 16 Gigabytes of ram, which doesn't seem like a lot now. I had files with 90 million 1X50 reads. I had started off with either a
      4 Gb or 8 Gb machine, but got segmentation faults.

      I just used a basic Linux ami, so I had to install all the bioinformatics software i wanted to use, like the Bowtie, Tophat, etc.

      Comment

      • scbody
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2013
        • 2

        #4
        Google Compute

        Thanks for the information inscent.
        Does anyone have information on recent use of the Google Compute?
        Thank you

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        10 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        32 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        48 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...