No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Align sequences without quality data

Hi

I have a file with ~32,000 short DNA sequences (120 base pairs). I'd like to align this to the genome and generate a track for UCSC. Alignment programs I have used previously all require fastq files, and I do not have quality data. All I have is a text file with a sequence on each line. Is there another option in Galaxy, or another database that will work for this alignment?

Thank you very much

Kristin

I don't know what is available on Galaxy, but Bowtie will take fasta files as input.

Comment

Thanks, I looked at this, the problem is I don't have it in fasta format either. I just have a list of sequences and am not sure how to get an interspersed <with an indentifier for each?

Basically I was given a list of sequences as an output for probes for a selection RNA-seq experiment. The company gives it to you in this format and says to trust them things are designed properly but I would really like to check myself.

Comment

Have a look at the bowtie manual, under the heading 'Input'

Apparently it also takes what it calls 'raw data', one sequence per line,
        which sounds like what you have.

Comment

Awesome, thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
            by seqadmin

Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

Somatic Genomics
            “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
            Yesterday, 01:16 PM
          • seqadmin
            Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
            by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
            05-06-2024, 07:48 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 07:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 05-23-2024, 10:28 AM
          0 responses