Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • KDK
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2014
    • 3

    #1

    Align sequences without quality data

    Hi

    I have a file with ~32,000 short DNA sequences (120 base pairs). I'd like to align this to the genome and generate a track for UCSC. Alignment programs I have used previously all require fastq files, and I do not have quality data. All I have is a text file with a sequence on each line. Is there another option in Galaxy, or another database that will work for this alignment?

    Thank you very much

    Kristin
  • mastal
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 666

    #2
    I don't know what is available on Galaxy, but Bowtie will take fasta files as input.

    Comment

    • KDK
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2014
      • 3

      #3
      Thanks, I looked at this, the problem is I don't have it in fasta format either. I just have a list of sequences and am not sure how to get an interspersed <with an indentifier for each?

      Basically I was given a list of sequences as an output for probes for a selection RNA-seq experiment. The company gives it to you in this format and says to trust them things are designed properly but I would really like to check myself.

      Comment

      • mastal
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 666

        #4
        Have a look at the bowtie manual, under the heading 'Input'



        Apparently it also takes what it calls 'raw data', one sequence per line,
        which sounds like what you have.

        Comment

        • KDK
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2014
          • 3

          #5
          Awesome, thank you so much for your help!

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          30 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          25 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          46 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
          1 response
          55 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...