Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ybwang
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 6

    #1

    blastpgp problem

    I was installing the local version of NetSurfP on my linux server. Everything went well during the installation. However, the problem came when I did the test example, it turned out that something wrong with blastpgp step. The error information is :

    [blastpgp] WARNING: Unable to open nr70.pin

    ----
    How was this caused? and How could I solve this?

    Looking forward to hearing from you! Thank you!
  • TiborNagy
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 329

    #2
    The nr70.pin file can not be found in the database directory.

    Comment

    • GenoMax
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 7142

      #3
      Did you download/install the NR database file as described in step 3: http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/services/doc/netsurfp-1.0.readme?

      Comment

      • ybwang
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 6

        #4
        Originally posted by TiborNagy View Post
        The nr70.pin file can not be found in the database directory.
        I don't know the reason, since i have uncompress the nr70_db.tar.gz and move the nr70_db to netsurfp directory, but it still went wrong

        Comment

        • ybwang
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2014
          • 6

          #5
          Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
          Did you download/install the NR database file as described in step 3: http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/services/doc/netsurfp-1.0.readme?
          I did it following the instruction, it still failed...

          Comment

          • bent
            Junior Member
            • May 2011
            • 2

            #6
            Dear Ybwang,

            Did you find a solution to the problem? I am the author of NetSurfP.

            Cheers,
            Bent
            Bent Petersen
            Assistant Professor, Ph.D.


            Center for Biological Sequence Analysis
            Department of Systems Biology
            Technical University of Denmark
            Kemitorvet, Building 208
            2800 Lyngby

            LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/bentpetersen
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/bentpetersen
            Blog: http://www.bpetersen.dk/blog/

            Comment

            • ybwang
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2014
              • 6

              #7
              Originally posted by bent View Post
              Dear Ybwang,

              Did you find a solution to the problem? I am the author of NetSurfP.

              Cheers,
              Bent
              Thank you, Bent, I have already fixed the problem, it is the problem of a hidden file in "etc" directory, called ".ncbirc".

              Comment

              • bent
                Junior Member
                • May 2011
                • 2

                #8
                Good... I am sorry for the inconvenience you had. It was a pure coincidence that I saw this thread actually.

                Thank you for using NetSurfP ! :-)
                Bent Petersen
                Assistant Professor, Ph.D.


                Center for Biological Sequence Analysis
                Department of Systems Biology
                Technical University of Denmark
                Kemitorvet, Building 208
                2800 Lyngby

                LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/bentpetersen
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/bentpetersen
                Blog: http://www.bpetersen.dk/blog/

                Comment

                Latest Articles

                Collapse

                • SEQadmin2
                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                  by SEQadmin2


                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                  ...
                  Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                • SEQadmin2
                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                  by SEQadmin2




                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                ad_right_rmr

                Collapse

                News

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                0 responses
                4 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                0 responses
                31 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                0 responses
                26 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                46 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post pekgio
                by pekgio
                 
                Working...