Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Torst
    replied
    Are you mapping READS to the human genome, or comparing contigs?

    If using reads, there are much better tools like BWA etc that will give 1000x speedups compared to Mummer. If mapping large sequences, the GPUMummer gives no speedup compared to Mummer (see the graph).

    Don't put yourself through pain unless you are forced to!

    Leave a comment:


  • Melissa
    replied
    Originally posted by brianlamx View Post
    Hi I have problem building suffix trees using MUMmerGPU with human chromosomes. I tried with chr1 and chr22 but no luck so far. When I tried with an artificial sequence it works. Is it that the Ns are stopping it from working properly?

    TA

    B
    The Ns won't affect. Just wanna check with you that you're using only one sequence to construct the suffix tree. I think MummerGPU don't support multiple sequences as reference.

    Leave a comment:


  • spenthil
    replied


    (from: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/8/474)

    Leave a comment:


  • Torst
    replied
    Originally posted by brianlamx View Post
    Hi I have problem building suffix trees using MUMmerGPU with human chromosomes. I tried with chr1 and chr22 but no luck so far.
    Does it work with regular MUMmer?

    Will MUMmerGPU really offer much improvement in speed?

    Leave a comment:


  • brianlamx
    started a topic Anyone here uses MUMmerGPU?

    Anyone here uses MUMmerGPU?

    Hi I have problem building suffix trees using MUMmerGPU with human chromosomes. I tried with chr1 and chr22 but no luck so far. When I tried with an artificial sequence it works. Is it that the Ns are stopping it from working properly?

    TA

    B

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
41 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
47 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
38 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...