Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • brianlamx
    Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 20

    #1

    Anyone here uses MUMmerGPU?

    Hi I have problem building suffix trees using MUMmerGPU with human chromosomes. I tried with chr1 and chr22 but no luck so far. When I tried with an artificial sequence it works. Is it that the Ns are stopping it from working properly?

    TA

    B
  • Torst
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 275

    #2
    Originally posted by brianlamx View Post
    Hi I have problem building suffix trees using MUMmerGPU with human chromosomes. I tried with chr1 and chr22 but no luck so far.
    Does it work with regular MUMmer?

    Will MUMmerGPU really offer much improvement in speed?

    Comment

    • spenthil
      Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 44

      #3


      (from: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/8/474)
      --
      Senthil Palanisami

      Comment

      • Melissa
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 124

        #4
        Originally posted by brianlamx View Post
        Hi I have problem building suffix trees using MUMmerGPU with human chromosomes. I tried with chr1 and chr22 but no luck so far. When I tried with an artificial sequence it works. Is it that the Ns are stopping it from working properly?

        TA

        B
        The Ns won't affect. Just wanna check with you that you're using only one sequence to construct the suffix tree. I think MummerGPU don't support multiple sequences as reference.

        Comment

        • Torst
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 275

          #5
          Are you mapping READS to the human genome, or comparing contigs?

          If using reads, there are much better tools like BWA etc that will give 1000x speedups compared to Mummer. If mapping large sequences, the GPUMummer gives no speedup compared to Mummer (see the graph).

          Don't put yourself through pain unless you are forced to!

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          11 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          34 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          28 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          48 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...