Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blakeoft
    Member
    • Oct 2013
    • 79

    #1

    DiffBind: error with dba.count

    Hello,

    I've been using DiffBind to analyze some ATAC-seq peak data. Briefly, peaks in these datasets represent sites of open chromatin. DiffBind seems to do a very good job, but I've encountered an error in my most recent comparison. Here's the R code:

    Code:
    > library(DiffBind)
    > diffpeaks <- dba(sampleSheet = "metadata.csv")
    # suppressed output
    > diffpeaks <- dba.count(diffpeaks)
    # suppressed output
    [B]Error in if (sum(tokeep) < length(tokeep)) { : 
      missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed[/B]
    In addition: Warning message:
    In dba.multicore.init(DBA$config) :
      Parallel execution unavailable: executing serially.
    I've bolded the actual error. I've looked through the dba.count() code, and I can't tell where the error is coming from. My best guess is that it's from the pv.count() function, but I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere. This is really a mystery to me (and I thought I knew what was going on in R too )...

    I’ve selected subsets of the metadata with varying sizes--sometimes it works, and sometimes I get the same error. This leads me to believe that it isn’t a memory issue.

    Does anyone have any ideas about this?

    Thanks for any help,

    Blake
  • rory
    Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 28

    #2
    It appears that DiffBind can't handle the "-" character (minus sign/hyphen) in the file names. Remove them and it should work!

    Cheers-
    Rory

    Comment

    • lime gin
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 3

      #3
      Hi Blake, just curious if this has been resolved. I'm getting the same exact error with my data; while I've pinpointed the exact subset where the error is coming from, my file names all have alphanumeric characters.

      Comment

      • blakeoft
        Member
        • Oct 2013
        • 79

        #4
        Unfortunately, I have not resolved the issue yet. I'm just curious, what kind of machine are you running DiffBind on? I've used it several times without error on a Unix based HPC. But ever since I've tried using it on my windows computer, I get this error. The HPC has been down for maintenance, so I haven't been able to see if running it there solves the problem. I'll post my results whenever the cluster is back up.

        Comment

        • lime gin
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 3

          #5
          Thanks for your response. I'm running it on my Windows computer through RStudio. We do have a Unix based HPC, but I've never tried running R there. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

          Comment

          • lime gin
            Junior Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 3

            #6
            Update: I ran the same set of data on our Unix based HPC and it worked!

            Comment

            • blakeoft
              Member
              • Oct 2013
              • 79

              #7
              That's good to hear. I really don't have any sort of an idea of why DiffBind (specifically dba.count()) does not seem to work on Windows. I look forward to when I can use our HPC again! Thanks for the update.

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              29 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              24 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              46 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
              1 response
              55 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...