Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for graphing data?

I have developed a method that identifies some genomic features and does so tissue-specifically. Now I would like to make some visual representation of this. E.g in one type of tissue I get lets say 1000 hits of varying intensity across the genome chromosomes. In other tissues I could get lets say 500-1500 hits of varying intensity across chromosomes.

It can be boiled down to a genomic coordinate accompanied by a intensity/frequency score. The coordinate is not super-important for the graphical representation, hence no need to depict the exact chromosome, however it would aid interpretation I guess.

Is there some 'fancy' way of doing this besides a heatmap or the like for every chromosome?

All inputs appreciated.

Circos plots?

Comment

Originally posted by blancha View Post
      Circos plots?
      I second this. Circos plot with histogram tracks for each tissue could look really good. The only problem I can see would be resolution. If you want to show differences within small ranges (eg. Differences in histone marks within a 100kb range), this may not be best. Because the plot represents the whole genome, a single pixel often represents ~1Mb. However if you can bin your values into ~1Mb windows, you're golden.

aesthetics,alignment,analysis,bioinformatics,cancer,circos,circular,comparative,conservation,data visualization,design,evolution,evolutionary,gene,genetic,genome,genome sciences centre,genomic,genomics,graph,graphics,human,human genome,infovis,martin krzywinski,rearrangement,science,sequence,somatic,structural,synteny

Comment

Some guy named Ying Hu wrote some Circos thing in R (Who?)

OmicCircos: A Simple-to-Use R Package for the Circular Visualization of Multidimensional Omics Data

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses