Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jolespin
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 1

    #1

    Defining initial concentrations and rate equations in PySCeS ?

    I'm trying to create a model file for PySCeS (Python module) and I have all of the reactions mapped out (internal and external). I'm at the point of assigning values to the initial concentrations of metabolites and defining the rate equations. I'm new at metabolics and I'm not sure how to figure out these values. I've looked through Dr. Olivier's Input File Resource (http://pysces.sourceforge.net/pdf/PySCeS-InputFile.pdf) as well as his thesis (http://pysces.sourceforge.net/pdf/bg...phd_thesis.pdf).



    I can see a pattern in the sample input file with the kinetic equations but the reactions are very simple.

    i) What resource can help me in defining the kinetic equations for more complicated reactions like R5 below?

    The initial concentrations are "guesses" that get adjusted (at least that's what I got from the documentation).

    ii) How can I "guess" which values to use as my initial concentrations for accurate modeling?



    An example of a complete reaction step including the name, stoichiometry and rate equation:

    Code:
    R5:
    Fru + ATP = Hex_P + ADP
    
    Fru/Ki5_Fru)*(Fru/Km5_Fru)*(ATP/Km5_ATP)/(1 +
    Vmax5/(1 + Fru/Ki5_Fru)*(Fru/Km5_Fru)*(ATP/Km5_ATP)/(1 +
    Fru/Km5_Fru + ATP/Km5_ATP + Fru*ATP/(Km5_Fru*Km5_ATP) + ADP/Ki5_ADP) 
    Here is an example of the PySCeS input file:
    Code:
    # PySCeS input file
    # Simple linear pathway (2004)
    
    FIX: x0 x3
    
    R1:
    x0 = s0
    
    k1*x0 - k2*s0
    
    R2:
    s0 = s1
    
    k3*s0 - k4*s1
    
    R3:
    s1 = s2
    
    k5*s1 - k6*s2
    
    R4:
    s2 = x3
    
    k7*s2 - k8*x3
    
    # InitExt
    x0 = 10.0
    x3 = 1.0
    
    # InitPar
    k1 = 10.0
    k2 = 1.0
    k3 = 5.0
    k4 = 1.0
    k5 = 3.0
    k6 = 1.0
    k7 = 2.0
    k8 = 1.0
    # InitVar
    s0 = 1.0
    s1 = 1.0
    s2 = 1.0

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
29 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
46 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...