No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirdeep2

Dear all,

I am new for miRDeep2. Now I am trying to use the datasets from GEO. But how could I convert the geo txt file to fasta file. I tried to use the command as: geo2fasta.pl ./datas/GSE21279/GSM274171-9598.txt >read.fasta

but the read.fasta file is empty.
    This is the geo txt file:

#ID_REF =
    #VALUE = number of times small RNA was sequenced
    ID_REF VALUE
    TCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTGAAAAAA 24660
    TCCCTGGTGGTCTAGTGGTTAGGATTC 19051
    GGTAAAATGGCTGAGTAAGCATTAGAC 15277
    GGCTGGTCCGAAGGTAGTGAGTTATCT 14623
    TCCCTGTGGTCTAGTGGTTAGGATTCG 12526
    TGAGGTAGTAGGTTGTATGGTTTCGTA 10438
    TGAGGTAGTAGATTGTATAGTTTCGTA 9830

Hi, menglin
    I think you can use one line awk command to do this kind of job. Something like this:
    awk '(NR>3){count+=1; print ">seq_"count"_x"$2"\n"$1}' GSM2741719598.txt > read.fasta
    The output read.fasta file may like this:
    >seq_1_x24660
    TCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTGAAAAAA
    >seq_2_x19051
    TCCCTGGTGGTCTAGTGGTTAGGATTC
    Hope this help you.

wisense

Comment

Originally posted by wisense View Post
      Hi, menglin
      I think you can use one line awk command to do this kind of job. Something like this:

The output read.fasta file may like this:

Hope this help you.

wisense

Hi Wisense,

thank you very much for your reply. I have tried to use the awk command. But I want to know the reason why I can not use the script geo2fasta.pl directly. Have you ever used mirDeep2? Maybe I need mire help. Thanks one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by menglin View Post
        Hi Wisense,

thank you very much for your reply. I have tried to use the awk command. But I want to know the reason why I can not use the script geo2fasta.pl directly. Have you ever used mirDeep2? Maybe I need mire help. Thanks one more time.
        Yes, I have used mirDeep2 to analize my microRNA-seq data. Because my input was fastq format, I didn't use the geo2fasta.pl script directly. So I can't tell why you can not use the script.

Comment

Yes, I have used mirDeep2 to analize my microRNA-seq data. Because my input was fastq format, I didn't use the geo2fasta.pl script directly. So I can't tell why you can not use the script.
          Hi Wisense,

thank you all the same. Is it possible to give me your email or fb so that contact with you directly per email if I have further questions? My email is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by menglin View Post
            Hi Wisense,

thank you all the same. Is it possible to give me your email or fb so that contact with you directly per email if I have further questions? My email is [email protected]
            You are welcome. Here is my e-mail address: [email protected]. I don't use fb, because it's been blocked by the Chinese government

Comment

You are welcome. Here is my e-mail address: [email protected]. I don't use fb, because it's been blocked by the Chinese government
              yes yes. I forgot that. Google was also blocked. Thank you very much!

Comment

Hi wisense,

I have a question about mirDeep2. For quantifier and mirdeep2 scripts, we
                need to use the known miRNA precursor and mature miRNA. But if we download
                the datasets from mirBase. What we get is the entire known miRNA. So
                should we extract the miRNA we need using python/perl script or linux
                command? Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses