Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Greg
    Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 31

    #1

    Cuffdiff splicing.diff

    Hello everyone,

    I just want to clarify the differences between two of the cuffdiff output files, splicing.diff and isoform_exp.diff. Splicing.diff tests whether or not the relative contribution of different isoforms is significantly different between treatments independent of the expression level of that gene (eg tissue 1 is 80/20 for two isoforms and tissue 2 is 50/50). Isoform_exp.diff tests if the expression level of the isoforms is different, this might say there is a significant difference in isoform levels even if the ratio of the different isoforms is the same across treatments. Do I have this correct/clear enough?

    Also, in both cases I am getting the majority of isoforms are coming out as a NOTEST. Could I be doing something wrong or do I just not have enough depth?

    thanks in advance!
  • sindrle
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 266

    #2
    Originally posted by Greg View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I just want to clarify the differences between two of the cuffdiff output files, splicing.diff and isoform_exp.diff. Splicing.diff tests whether or not the relative contribution of different isoforms is significantly different between treatments independent of the expression level of that gene (eg tissue 1 is 80/20 for two isoforms and tissue 2 is 50/50). Isoform_exp.diff tests if the expression level of the isoforms is different, this might say there is a significant difference in isoform levels even if the ratio of the different isoforms is the same across treatments. Do I have this correct/clear enough?

    Also, in both cases I am getting the majority of isoforms are coming out as a NOTEST. Could I be doing something wrong or do I just not have enough depth?

    thanks in advance!
    If the ratio is constant.. How can you say individual isoforms changes..?

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Yesterday, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    7 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    31 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    26 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    46 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...