Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jlfmssm
    Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 14

    #1

    coverageBed question

    I try to run coverageBed like this:
    /home/ay55/BEDTools/bin/genomeCoverageBed -ibam 1382_1_sorted.bam -i hg18.bed.sorted -g hg18.genome > hg18_seq.cov.txt

    no error at all, but when I open hg18_seq.cov.txt, I got this
    read block failed - CheckBlockHeader() returned false
    Could not read header type

    Any idea?
  • zee
    NGS specialist
    • Apr 2008
    • 249

    #2
    I dont think you are giving the program the correct options.

    You should only one of either

    BAM file as input "-ibam"
    or
    BED file as input "-i"

    Comment

    • quinlana
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 119

      #3
      Originally posted by jlfmssm View Post
      I try to run coverageBed like this:
      /home/ay55/BEDTools/bin/genomeCoverageBed -ibam 1382_1_sorted.bam -i hg18.bed.sorted -g hg18.genome > hg18_seq.cov.txt

      no error at all, but when I open hg18_seq.cov.txt, I got this
      read block failed - CheckBlockHeader() returned false
      Could not read header type

      Any idea?
      Assuming you want to run genomeCoverageBed (chromosome level coverage), you would do so as follows:

      Code:
      genomeCoverageBed -ibam 1382_1_sorted.bam  -g hg18.genome > hg18_seq.genomecov.txt
      If you want to run coverageBed (coverage across intervals defined in a BED file):

      Code:
      coverageBed -ibam 1382_1_sorted.bam -b hg18.bed.sorted  > hg18_seq.cov.txt
      I hope this helps,
      Aaron

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      14 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      37 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...