Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SrCardgage
    my other car is a limozeen
    • Feb 2012
    • 23

    #1

    IGV colors entire BAM file as inversions

    I'm using the Integrative Genomics Viewer (IGV) to view the alignments achieved from TopHat.

    I have four samples (and thus four BAM files). I've created indexes for all of them and each bam + index is in it's own directory. I am able to load the files just fine.

    I have the reads colored by "insert size and pair orientation". According to this page http://www.broadinstitute.org/softwa...r_orientations, the entire second sample is comprised of inversions.

    I've scrolled to many different positions on different chromosomes and all the reads are either blue or cyan (mostly blue). What is causing the program to understand the reads this way?

    Thank you.
    Attached Files
  • SrCardgage
    my other car is a limozeen
    • Feb 2012
    • 23

    #2
    typo explains it all

    I figured out what the cause was. I mistyped the tophat command and used only the first sequence file for both the first and second sequence files.

    I'm surprised it made it this far through the pipeline!

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Yesterday, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    10 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    32 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    27 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...