Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
-
45 comparisons still would only take an hour or so. However, my feeling is that you are doing something fundamentally wrong if you are comparing pairs of samples, rather than pairs of conditions or time points.
Maybe explain a bit more about the biology of your experiment.
Comment
-
day 0
sample 1 - untreated
day 3
sample 2 - treated with "A"
sample 3 - treated with "B"
sample 4 - treated with "C"
day 6
sample 5 - treated with "A"
sample 6 - treated with "B"
sample 7 - treated with "C"
day 9
sample 8 - treated with "A"
sample 9 - treated with "B"
sample 10 - treated with "C"
They want to see DE across time as well as across treatments. I am just a bioinformatician. Some body else did the experiments and I have the rnaSeq data for it. This is all I have been told.
Ashu
Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post45 comparisons still would only take an hour or so. However, my feeling is that you are doing something fundamentally wrong if you are comparing pairs of samples, rather than pairs of conditions or time points.
Maybe explain a bit more about the biology of your experiment.
Comment
-
Originally posted by ashuchawla View Postday 0
sample 1 - untreated
day 3
sample 2 - treated with "A"
sample 3 - treated with "B"
sample 4 - treated with "C"
day 6
sample 5 - treated with "A"
sample 6 - treated with "B"
sample 7 - treated with "C"
day 9
sample 8 - treated with "A"
sample 9 - treated with "B"
sample 10 - treated with "C"
They want to see DE across time as well as across treatments. I am just a bioinformatician. Some body else did the experiments and I have the rnaSeq data for it. This is all I have been told.
Ashu
I think you need a "untreated" control for every time point, or the time will be a extra variable.
Comment
-
I think I have found a solution. CuffDiff actually does output a count of each feature (genes.count_tracking, cds.count_tracking, etc). I ran cuffDiff with each sample treated as a separate treatment, c.f. different samples from the same treatment being identified as replicates using the -L/--labels feature. This gave me count data for each feature in each sample.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|

Comment