No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WGA with progressiveCactus

Hi,
    I am currently struggling to get progressiveCactus to run. Since the progressiveCactus github is not very responsive, I hope to get some input here.
    I managed to install progressiveCactus on my torque/pbs cluster, after manually installing argparse and importlib modules with easy_install. When I then try to run the example with
    Code:
    (bin/runProgressiveCactus.sh examples/blanchette00.txt ./work ./work/b00.hal)
    it starts nicely.

However, the program does not progress in any way and I don’t see any related processes running. The log file only says: Beginning the alignment. I reran the example in debug mode and here’s what the logfile contained:

Code:
    Logging to file: cac1.log
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/HUMAN
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/CHIMP
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/BABOON
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/MOUSE
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/RAT
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/DOG
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/CAT
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/PIG
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/COW
    Running the command: rm -rf ./work/jobTree
    Running the command: mkdir ./work/sequenceData
    Running the command: cactus_createMultiCactusProject.py "/data/home/user010/software/progressiveCactus/work/expTemplate.xml" "./work/progressiveAlignment" --fixNames=0
    Running the command: rm -f ./work/cactus.log
    Running the command: . bin/../src/../environment && cactus_progressive.py --jobTree ./work/jobTree --maxThreads "2" ./work/progressiveAlignment/progressiveAlignment_project.xml --overwrite >> ./work/cactus.log 2>&1
    In addition, I see some idle processes running, which are likely started by progressiveCactus.
    Code:
    43435 user010    20   0  9204 1404 1132 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 runProgressiveC                                                                                                        
    43441 user010    20   0  184m  18m 3704 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.40 python                                                                                                                  
    43461 user010    20   0  187m  18m 3676 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.32 python                                                                                                                  
    43462 user010    20   0     0    0    0 Z  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 python <defunct>                                                                                                        
    43463 user010    20   0  121m  15m  764 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 python
    Does anyone have an idea what is causing this behaviour and whether there is any chance I can get progressiveCactus running on this system?

- lukas
    Last edited by lukas1848; 07-21-2015, 05:37 AM.

There certainly are several open issues on the GitHub repository:
    Distribution package for the Prgressive Cactus multiple genome aligner. Dependencies are linked as submodules - Issues · glennhickey/progressiveCactus

Did you find one that matched your symptoms?

On the bright side, Glenn Hickey did update the code last month, so it is still being worked on - even if the README file says it is v0.0 (suggesting not really ready for public use).

Comment

Thanks for your response. I followed your advice and started an issue at the github.

Hi, I am currently struggling to get progressiveCactus to run. I managed to install progressiveCactus on my torque/pbs cluster, after manually installing argparse and importlib modules with easy_in...

I did not find any issues similar to mine there, though.

Comment

You could add a link on the GitHub issue back to this thread http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61372

Fingers crossed Glenn can help, or maybe another progressiveCactus user might see this discussion or the issue and be able to help... good luck.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses