Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lukas1848
    Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 54

    #1

    WGA with progressiveCactus

    Hi,
    I am currently struggling to get progressiveCactus to run. Since the progressiveCactus github is not very responsive, I hope to get some input here.
    I managed to install progressiveCactus on my torque/pbs cluster, after manually installing argparse and importlib modules with easy_install. When I then try to run the example with
    Code:
    (bin/runProgressiveCactus.sh examples/blanchette00.txt ./work ./work/b00.hal)
    it starts nicely.

    However, the program does not progress in any way and I don’t see any related processes running. The log file only says: Beginning the alignment. I reran the example in debug mode and here’s what the logfile contained:

    Code:
    Logging to file: cac1.log
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/HUMAN
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/CHIMP
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/BABOON
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/MOUSE
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/RAT
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/DOG
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/CAT
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/PIG
    Running the command: cactus_analyseAssembly ./submodules/cactusTestData/blanchettesSimulation/00.job/COW
    Running the command: rm -rf ./work/jobTree
    Running the command: mkdir ./work/sequenceData
    Running the command: cactus_createMultiCactusProject.py "/data/home/user010/software/progressiveCactus/work/expTemplate.xml" "./work/progressiveAlignment" --fixNames=0
    Running the command: rm -f ./work/cactus.log
    Running the command: . bin/../src/../environment && cactus_progressive.py --jobTree ./work/jobTree --maxThreads "2" ./work/progressiveAlignment/progressiveAlignment_project.xml --overwrite >> ./work/cactus.log 2>&1
    In addition, I see some idle processes running, which are likely started by progressiveCactus.
    Code:
    43435 user010    20   0  9204 1404 1132 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 runProgressiveC                                                                                                        
    43441 user010    20   0  184m  18m 3704 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.40 python                                                                                                                  
    43461 user010    20   0  187m  18m 3676 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.32 python                                                                                                                  
    43462 user010    20   0     0    0    0 Z  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 python <defunct>                                                                                                        
    43463 user010    20   0  121m  15m  764 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 python
    Does anyone have an idea what is causing this behaviour and whether there is any chance I can get progressiveCactus running on this system?



    - lukas
    Last edited by lukas1848; 07-21-2015, 05:37 AM.
  • maubp
    Peter (Biopython etc)
    • Jul 2009
    • 1544

    #2
    There certainly are several open issues on the GitHub repository:
    Distribution package for the Prgressive Cactus multiple genome aligner. Dependencies are linked as submodules - Issues · glennhickey/progressiveCactus


    Did you find one that matched your symptoms?

    On the bright side, Glenn Hickey did update the code last month, so it is still being worked on - even if the README file says it is v0.0 (suggesting not really ready for public use).

    Comment

    • lukas1848
      Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 54

      #3
      Thanks for your response. I followed your advice and started an issue at the github.

      Hi, I am currently struggling to get progressiveCactus to run. I managed to install progressiveCactus on my torque/pbs cluster, after manually installing argparse and importlib modules with easy_in...


      I did not find any issues similar to mine there, though.

      Comment

      • maubp
        Peter (Biopython etc)
        • Jul 2009
        • 1544

        #4
        You could add a link on the GitHub issue back to this thread http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61372

        Fingers crossed Glenn can help, or maybe another progressiveCactus user might see this discussion or the issue and be able to help... good luck.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        8 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        31 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        47 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...