Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • standonn
    Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 14

    #1

    Genetic map with RAD-seq data

    NOTE: I tried to explain my question better here: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65681

    Dear all,

    I have some RAD-seq data from nematodes (2 parents, ~100 progeny) which I want to use to cluster my genomic scaffolds into linkage groups (ideally each group would be a chromosome).

    The genome has been frozen and is now annotated.

    I performed the following steps:
    1- Quality control of the RAD-seq raw data (fastqc)
    2- Demultiplexed the read files with process_ragtags, from Stacks (-> one file of reads per individual)
    3- Mapped the RAD-tags to the genome (bowtie2 + samtools -> bam alignments sorted and indexed then I converted the bam files in sam)
    4- Used the Stacks pipeline ref_map.pl to build loci, calls variants and construct a catalogs of loci. I ran the program "genotypes" specifying "onemap" as the output format
    5- With the markers in hand (in onemap format), I followed the following steps in R:
    > library('onemap')
    > data_onemap <- read.outcross("/PATH/TO/FOLDER", "batch_3.genotypes_5onemap.tsv")
    > twopts <- rf.2pts(data_onemap)
    > mark.all <- make.seq(twopts, "all")
    > marker.type(mark.all) # I have a LOT of Ds (and a few A and Bs)
    > LGs <- group(mark.all, LOD=6, max.rf=0.4)

    -> With these LOD and max.rf parameters I only get 1 linkage group which links 70% of my markers. I thought that I was getting only 1 group because the percentage of polymorphism between my 2 parental strains is low (0.10%).

    I therefore increased my LOD value to 19, and was able to get 5 groups.But, these 5 groups use only 18% of my markers (330 out of a total of 1814).

    Is this a problem? Do you think my pipeline to build a genetic map out of RAD-seq data is correct? Is it too weak?

    Any help welcome on how to build a genetic map using RAD-seq!

    Cheers!
    Last edited by standonn; 01-20-2016, 05:31 AM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Today, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
45 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...