Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James
    Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 23

    #1

    another tophat "could not execute prep_reads" error

    Hi,

    Im getting this error:
    Code:
    tophat -o RNA-seq-14.11.10/tophat_out_0H -G maygtf.gtf --no-novel-juncs --solexa1.3-quals indexes/_May_2009-masked reads/RNA-seq/R43s_1_sequence_0H.fastq
    
    
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Beginning TopHat run (v1.1.0)
    -----------------------------------------------
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Preparing output location RNA-seq-14.11.10/tophat_out_0H//
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking for Bowtie index files
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking for reference FASTA file
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking for Bowtie
    	Bowtie version:			 0.12.7.0
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking for Samtools
    	Samtools version:		 0.1.9.0
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking reads
    	min read length: 36bp, max read length: 36bp
    	format:		 fastq
    	quality scale:	 phred64 (reads generated with GA pipeline version >= 1.3)
    [Mon Nov 15 12:55:49 2010] Reading known junctions from GTF file
    	[FAILED]
    Error: could not execute prep_reads
    I check the log file for prep_reads it has:

    prep_reads v1.1.3 (1680)
    ---------------------------
    prep_reads: unrecognized option `--gtf-annotations'

    Anybody had this error? or can help? Thanks James
  • SongLi
    Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 19

    #2
    I got the same error for my dataset today, without those options:

    tophat -o Mytophat_out -G mygtf.gtf indexes/myindex reads/myreads.fasta

    The error message is :

    [FAILED]
    Error: could not execute prep_reads


    and in the prep_reads.log is:

    prep_reads v1.1.3 (1680)
    ---------------------------
    somedir/prep_reads: unrecognized option `--gtf-annotations'


    Hope someone can help.


    Originally posted by James View Post
    Hi,

    Im getting this error:
    Code:
    tophat -o RNA-seq-14.11.10/tophat_out_0H -G maygtf.gtf --no-novel-juncs --solexa1.3-quals indexes/_May_2009-masked reads/RNA-seq/R43s_1_sequence_0H.fastq
    
    
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Beginning TopHat run (v1.1.0)
    -----------------------------------------------
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Preparing output location RNA-seq-14.11.10/tophat_out_0H//
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking for Bowtie index files
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking for reference FASTA file
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking for Bowtie
    	Bowtie version:			 0.12.7.0
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking for Samtools
    	Samtools version:		 0.1.9.0
    [Mon Nov 15 12:52:59 2010] Checking reads
    	min read length: 36bp, max read length: 36bp
    	format:		 fastq
    	quality scale:	 phred64 (reads generated with GA pipeline version >= 1.3)
    [Mon Nov 15 12:55:49 2010] Reading known junctions from GTF file
    	[FAILED]
    Error: could not execute prep_reads
    I check the log file for prep_reads it has:

    prep_reads v1.1.3 (1680)
    ---------------------------
    prep_reads: unrecognized option `--gtf-annotations'

    Anybody had this error? or can help? Thanks James
    Last edited by SongLi; 11-16-2010, 11:21 AM.

    Comment

    • James
      Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 23

      #3
      I fixed this problem. It may have been two things:

      It may have been calling an older prep_reads I had lurking in my path.

      It said I was calling tophat v1.1.0 even though I downloaded v1.1.3. I just re-downloaded the binaries and replaced them. Now it tells me I'm running v1.1.3.

      I'm running Mac OSX 10.5.8. by the way.

      Comment

      • SongLi
        Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 19

        #4
        Thank you James,

        However, it may not be the reason, because in the log file you posted, it says v1.1.3 there.

        I still have the problem on my side.



        Originally posted by James View Post
        I fixed this problem. It may have been two things:

        It may have been calling an older prep_reads I had lurking in my path.

        It said I was calling tophat v1.1.0 even though I downloaded v1.1.3. I just re-downloaded the binaries and replaced them. Now it tells me I'm running v1.1.3.

        I'm running Mac OSX 10.5.8. by the way.

        Comment

        • SongLi
          Member
          • Oct 2010
          • 19

          #5
          Hi James,

          Since you have solved the problem, would you mind post what the messages you get when the read RTF file passed?

          On my side the error is:
          [Tue Nov 16 17:02:17 2010] Reading known junctions from GTF file
          [FAILED]
          Error: could not execute prep_reads


          That may help me to figure out what's wrong in my case.
          Thanks,



          Originally posted by James View Post
          I fixed this problem. It may have been two things:

          It may have been calling an older prep_reads I had lurking in my path.

          It said I was calling tophat v1.1.0 even though I downloaded v1.1.3. I just re-downloaded the binaries and replaced them. Now it tells me I'm running v1.1.3.

          I'm running Mac OSX 10.5.8. by the way.

          Comment

          • oliviera
            Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 31

            #6
            I have the same problem with tophat 1.1.3, and do not manage to solve the problem.

            I used :
            ./tophat --solexa1.3-quals --no-novel-juncs -G Danio_rerio.Zv9.60.gtf -o /5cq15 Danio_rerio.Zv9.60 5.fastq

            the log file is the same as yours:
            prep_reads v1.1.3 (1680)
            ---------------------------
            /home/olivier/src/illumina_software_version/tophat_113/bin/prep_reads: unrecognized option '--gtf-annotations'

            Funny thing however in the gtf_juncs log file: seems to do something their
            gtf_juncs v1.1.3 (1680)
            ---------------------------
            Extracted 218405 junctions from /Danio_rerio.Zv9.60.gtf

            I tried gtf and gff format and both failed.
            When I run without -G option it works fine...
            Any feedback would be much appreciated

            Cheers

            Oliviera

            Comment

            • oliviera
              Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 31

              #7
              I just tested the new release 1.1.4 and now the problem seems to be fixed!
              Thanx a lot


              Oliviera

              Comment

              • SongLi
                Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 19

                #8
                Thank you TopHat team for the timingly fix!

                Don't know where to post, so I just post here.

                Originally posted by oliviera View Post
                I just tested the new release 1.1.4 and now the problem seems to be fixed!
                Thanx a lot


                Oliviera

                Comment

                Latest Articles

                Collapse

                • SEQadmin2
                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                  by SEQadmin2


                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                  ...
                  Today, 10:25 AM
                • SEQadmin2
                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                  by SEQadmin2




                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                ad_right_rmr

                Collapse

                News

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                0 responses
                27 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                0 responses
                24 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                45 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post pekgio
                by pekgio
                 
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
                1 response
                55 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post pekgio
                by pekgio
                 
                Working...