Hi all, I'm trying to figure out a good pipeline for a de novo metatranscriptomics project on soil and rhizosphere samples. I'm looking into the Khmer protocols which use Trinity, but I wonder if there are other good pipelines or scripts around for this purpose. Any advice is welcome !
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
-
de novo metatranscriptomics
Nobody willing to share advice on this subject?Originally posted by stevebaeyen View PostHi all, I'm trying to figure out a good pipeline for a de novo metatranscriptomics project on soil and rhizosphere samples. I'm looking into the Khmer protocols which use Trinity, but I wonder if there are other good pipelines or scripts around for this purpose. Any advice is welcome !
-
Hi, I just found a list of tools on this webpage (http://www.metagenomics.wiki/pdf/def...ranscriptomics). Personally I only used Kraken so far, but actually Kraken only assigns taxonomic units to reads and not functional or genexpression stuff like rpkm. But maybe one of the other tools might be of some interest.
Kallisto - RNA-seq transcript abundance estimation
Kraken - assigns taxonomic labels to short sequencing reads
HUMAnN2 - community-wide gene transcription and pathway analysis
requires pairs of DNA and RNA sequencing of the same biological sample
PanPhlAn - strain-specific transcriptomics analysis
requires pairs of DNA and RNA sequencing of the same biological sample
Maybe it could also be worth to have a look at MetaTrans, MEGAN,COMAN or SAMSA.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
22 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
33 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment