No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuffcopmare: errors when using UCSC known genes

Hi all,
    I am trying to use cuffcompare (v0.9.2Beta) to compare my rebuilt transcriptome with UCSC known gene annotations. However, I got the error messages though I did obtain the combined.gtf and .tracking files eventually. Any explainations?
    Thank you.

GFF Warning: discarded overlapping feature segment (40547903-40548425) for GFF ID uc007aug.1
    Warning: transcript uc008hap.1 discarded (structural errors found, length=261032).

Warning: found 10930 transcripts with undetermined strand.
    Warning: found 139706 transcripts with undetermined strand.

One of your annotation files is not correct in the placement of strand information. I would start there.

Comment

Hi RockChalkJayhawk, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not quite understand what you are saying. Could you say more about that? The annotation I used was the standard GTF file of UCSC known genes. Thanks again.

Comment

Use one of these GTFs and see if your problem is solved. But first you will need to modify it
        Code:
        awk '{print"chr"$0}' Ensemble.GTF > New.gtf

Comment

I tried to use Ensemble annotation as reference and it does not have problem. However, I would like to use UCSC KNOWN GENES as reference. Did you have the same warning messages when you use known gene annotations? Thank you.

Comment

Part of the problem is because the gene_id and transcript_id are all the same when you try to export from UCSC. Is there a reason you don't want to use the ENSEMBLE?

Comment

I see.
              In my mind, UCSC known genes include more annotations than Ensemble. I just want to make sure that the "new isoforms" reconstructed is truly new.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses