New job, desk includes a workstation with windows10. I've got WSL running for silly things like small qiime jobs, but wondering if anyone else is doing anything with WSL asides from replacing PuTTy as their client for SSHing into cluster?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
How did you get QIIME working? Is it version 1 or 2?Originally posted by ctseto View PostNew job, desk includes a workstation with windows10. I've got WSL running for silly things like small qiime jobs, but wondering if anyone else is doing anything with WSL asides from replacing PuTTy as their client for SSHing into cluster?
Comment
-
In WSL, apt-get install qiime is QIIME 1.9.0Originally posted by Cistron View PostHow did you get QIIME working? Is it version 1 or 2?
I installed miniconda, then used the linux tutorial from the qiime2.org page.
You need Xming on your Win10 machine and a reasonably new version of Win10 (1803?). You'll want to use firefox on ubuntu. I think you need ubuntu-desktop and/or xubuntu-desktop; I'll have to find time for clean installs.
I got moving pictures to work with qiime view using ubuntu firefox, and it's a bit slow.
I may look into containers for fun, but...
Comment
-
huh! I had no idea there was an actual debian package for QIIME available. I tried the conda install route, but USEARCH keeps throwing a core dump error when I test the installation.Originally posted by ctseto View PostIn WSL, apt-get install qiime is QIIME 1.9.0
I installed miniconda, then used the linux tutorial from the qiime2.org page.
You need Xming on your Win10 machine and a reasonably new version of Win10 (1803?). You'll want to use firefox on ubuntu. I think you need ubuntu-desktop and/or xubuntu-desktop; I'll have to find time for clean installs.
I got moving pictures to work with qiime view using ubuntu firefox, and it's a bit slow.
I may look into containers for fun, but...
Ok. I can only find version 1.8 through apt-search, but maybe that will do. Going through the installation now. Let's see how it goes.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
47 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
38 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment