Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Simoner
    Junior Member
    • May 2019
    • 3

    #1

    GATK4 (4.1.2.0) Mutect2 --germline-resource option

    Hi everybody,

    I am new analyzing WES and I try GATK4 workflow for the detection of somatic variants.

    I run Mutect2 in tumor-only mode with these commands:

    gatk Mutect2 -R reference.ucsc.hg19.fasta -L Target.bed -I input.bam --f1r2-tar-gz input.tar.gz -O output1.unfiltered.vcf --germline-resource af-only-gnomad.raw.sites.hg19.vcf [max-population-af default value = 0.01]

    gatk Mutect2 -R reference.ucsc.hg19.fasta -L Target.bed -I input.bam --f1r2-tar-gz input.tar.gz -O output2.unfiltered.vcf [max-population-af default value = 0.01]

    For the first command I obtained a vcf with around 40000 variants whereas with the second a vcf with around 100000 variants. I expected that --germline-resource filters out germline variants based on AF in the resource (af-only-gnomad.raw.sites.hg19.vcf).
    However I notice that output1.unfiltered.vcf contains variants with POPAF (negative log 10 population allele frequencies of alt alleles) values that correspond to AF (in the resource) more than 0.01.

    Does anybody know the logic used by Mutect2 to filter out variants based on germline resource? Is possible that Mutect2 consider other parameters than AF in the resource?

    Thank you,
    Simone
  • lzhou
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2020
    • 2

    #2
    where did you get your germline resouce for hg19?

    Hi

    I am trying to download the germline resource for hg19 to run Mutect2. Would you please tell me where I can download it ?

    Thank you very much!

    Best,
    Lucy

    Comment

    • Simoner
      Junior Member
      • May 2019
      • 3

      #3
      Try with the following link :

      Comment

      • lzhou
        Junior Member
        • Jul 2020
        • 2

        #4
        Thank you

        Hi Simoner,

        Thank you for your reply!

        I should download the files "af-only-gnomad.raw.sites.vcf" and its idx file, is that correct?

        thanks,
        Lucy

        Comment

        • Simoner
          Junior Member
          • May 2019
          • 3

          #5
          Yes, with this link you should download hg19 af-only-gnomad.raw.sites.vcf

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          9 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          32 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          27 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          47 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...