Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Yilong Li
    Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 41

    #1

    Dindel problem: overlapping windows and non-uniquely re-aligned reads

    Hi all!

    We are trying to use Dindel for generating re-aligned .bams from Illumina PE-read data. I was able to run through the Dindel pipeline, but noticed that in the output .sam files (generated following the instructions given in Dindel manual), many reads were output more than once.

    When examining my data, I realized that overlapping windows were created in Dindel Stage 2. (The makeWindows.py step.) This is probably the reason why I was getting multiple reads in the concatenated .sam files.

    Has anyone else encountered the same problems while attempting to get re-aligned .bam files? Do you know any solutions? Merging windows would be an obvious option, but could this result in large windows with unmanageable number of distinct haplotypes?

    Any comments are welcome! 8)
    Yilong
  • csoong
    Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 74

    #2
    just curious, are you outputing SAM to look at the indel sequences? I never became aware of that function. Thanks.

    Comment

    • gaffa
      Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 82

      #3
      There is a warning about this in the Dindel manual (though no solution).

      Comment

      • Yilong Li
        Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 41

        #4
        Thanks for the replies csoong and gaffa.

        I want to output the re-aligned reads in a new .bam file to visualize them in a in-house program. Also we could use the re-aligned .bams in GATK UnifiedGenotyper. The actual indel sequences can be seen in the VCF file produced in the last step of the Dindel pipeline I think.

        gaffa: yeah I've seen the warning in the manual. I am wondering if anybody been able to combine the re-aligned reads into a single .sam file.

        Comment

        • Yilong Li
          Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 41

          #5
          Bump. Please share any ideas!

          Comment

          • libiyagirl
            Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 27

            #6
            Hey I merged all the windows from dindel into a single bam file using samtools merge command. But I didn't check if there's any overlapping windows. Do you always have this problem?

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Today, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            24 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            46 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
            1 response
            55 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...