Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • boldretriever
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2020
    • 2

    #1

    Wrong blast results

    I'm sorry if this is a naive question, but I get an odd thing going on. I'm performing blast remotely in this way:
    blastn -task megablast -outfmt 6 std ssciname -reward 1 -penalty -3 -db nt_v5 -max_target_seqs 100 -word_size 14 -query input_file + " -taxidlist " + Plants_DB -out blastfile

    However, when I see my remote results, I get a species whose seqid gives me Vaccinium oxycoccos. And when I put this seqid in blast online, the species is totally different.

    Can someone help me fix this problem?
    Thanks

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
0 responses
10 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
32 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...