No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem using HTSeq

Hi,

I am currently using HTSeq to get raw counts. HTSeq has been installed on our linux cluster and the administrators suggested to use export PATH=... in order to use it. However, I am getting following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/opt/HTSeq/bin/htseq-count", line 3, in ?
    import HTSeq.scripts.count
    ImportError: No module named HTSeq.scripts.count

I am not able to figure out the reason. Anyone of you faced the same problem and found solution?

Please share your suggestions.

Thank you,

Pinki

I have the same issue! Could someone help with this?
    Did you figure it out already pinky?

Comment

HTSeq has been installed incorrectly. The PATH setting allows your shell to find the htseq-count script in its non-standard location in /opt/HTSeq/bin/, but this script is just a three-line file that tell Python to load HTSeq and the 'count' submodule. As HTSeq has not been installed into the standard Python package path, you also have to set the PYTHONPATH variable. I believe that the distutils install function that I used displays a warning about this whenever it is asked to install to a non-standard location.

It might be easier if you installed HTSeq yourself with 'python setup.py install --user', as suggested in the installation instructions.

Comment

Hi Simon,

I have the same problem as pinky, I installed setuptools and then installed HTSeq using 'python setup.py install --user' as suggested. Still, htseq-count is not added to my path. I did "import HTSeq" on a python shell and I get no errors. Do you have any suggestions? I'm running python 2.7.3.

Comment

Issue solved, the script was added to ./local/bin instead of /bin. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses