This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone,
    My name is Belén Martínez, from Granada. I'm biologist and pretty new in analysis. I will need some help.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Belén Martínez

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm a postdoc, recently new to NGS techs. My training is in host-parasite ecology and evolution.

I am in the process of establishing a host-pathogen model system, using insect cell lines and intracellular pathogens belonging to a derived fungal lineage - Microsporidia.

My intentions are 2-fold:
      1) Use RNA-seq to understand the interaction between host and parasite. Pathogen's genome has been published as a draft assembly; host cell genome currently not sequenced. Experimental design yet to be firmly established.

2) Re-sequence the pathogen genome de novo, probably using paired short read library in combination with a mate-pair read library. Probably all using illumina. Eventual aim here is SNP discovery.

I will doubtless revisit this forum with questions as my project unfolds!

Comment

• Hello Everyone

Good to be onboard

Comment

• Hello!

Hello everybody!
          I'm Max, from San Raffaele Research Institute in Milan. I'm a biomedical engineer and I'm beginning the analysis of NGS data for the Val Borbera project.

Comment

• Profile Genomics, Training & Services

Hi all,

This is Bob Macey and Brian Rowning from Profile Genomics with the Peralta Foundation in Alameda, California. As part of a community college effort we are intending to change lives. Profile Genomics is a new Genomics training and service facility. We were the first to receive the Covaris LE220R for DNA shearing in high throughput, and we are currently receiving contracts from others to shear DNA on this instrument.

The caliber of our students is very high, with students that have degrees from universities across the country and Australia.

The lab is looking to add services that will add value to the Genomics community.

In the expansion of the lab, we anticipate accommodating postdoctoral researchers who would contact us to apply to obtain federal funding which would include both research avenues and novel instructional platforms.

We look forward to talking with anyone who is interested in Genomics training and services.

Best,
            Bob & Brian

Comment

• Hello from San Francisco,

I'm a grad student using RNA-seq, platform Illumina HiSeq, and epicentre's ribo-zero and scriptseq library kits. Glad this forum is here.
              Last edited by ksoak; 02-13-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Hello, all

I've been a reader here for quite a while and have benefited greatly from your experiences with the tools. I'm a software engineer with a long background in commercial computing, and now starting a second "life" in a computational genomics lab. Most data here is produced with Illumina machines, GA-IIx, HiSeq and MiSeq.

-Al

Comment

• Hey all--

I'm a PhD student working on cnidarians. Good to be here

Comment

• Hi, all. I'm a grad student in bioinformatics in Boston, and I'm currently looking at 3' additions to miRNA with Illumina small RNA data.

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm very new to DNA sequencing in general and NGS in particular. My background is in Geology and I'm now on a PhD program in Microbial (Meta)genomics. I'll be using Illumina and 454 for the most part. I'm in Finland.

Great community you have here!

Comment

• Hi from California!

Hello I'm currently a grad student at UC Davis in the Food Science program. My research involves studying lactic acid bacteria in plant associated environments. I have never done any next-gen sequencing yet but I'm planning to do some RNA-seq in the next couple months!

Comment

• Hello From North Carolina.

Hello everyone, I'm a postdoc. I'm very new with Deep Sequencing, my background is molecular biology (protein expression, cloning, cDNA libraries etc..) I just start a project to do gene expression analyses using RNAseq (Illumina). Very good to be here. I've been a reader for a while learning from you guys and I hope be able to help as well.

Comment

• Hi, I am Ashfaq. I am a doctoral student at Lund University Sweden. RNA-seq data analysis is currently the focus.

Comment

• Hi, I used work for NGS project directoe in a private company and now I am learning more about analysis in here, thanks everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by eulbra View Post
                                Hi, I used work for NGS project directoe in a private company and now I am learning more about analysis in here, thanks everybody.
                                Welcome! I'm working with NGS too but for my thesis... i need help for differential gene expression... i'm new to this.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses