No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I am Haodong from UCLA. I'm a second year graduate student.

Comment

Hi from yclin

Hi everyone,

Happy to find here.

I'm a grad student in Illinois, US and just start working on RNA-Seq data of Illumina or 454.

Best Regards

Comment

Hi from Estonia

I'm Anri, graduate student from Tallinn. Have been working with phage display for some time and now I'm trying to mix it with some Illumina/Solexa in order to get most out of it.

Comment

hey all,
          was wondering if anyone has worked with the CASAVA1.6 build..??
          kinda stuck trying to generate genome studio tracks/inputs from aligned matepair data..
          any help is appreciated..
          thanks
          best
          shu

Comment

Yello !

Hi Everyone,

I'm a research assistant (bioinformatics) looking for SNPs. Have you seen them ?

Actually we are currently looking at all our options for setting up a data analysis pipeline for dicovering SNPs (mainly from SOLiD data). We are looking at a number of cancers and hoping to find novel mutations (not in dbSNP) for further investigation. Any help will be appreciated and in a little while I hope i'll be able to give some answers myself....

good to meet you's,

Joe

Comment

hey joe,
              nice to meet you too and thanks for your reply..We did manage to fire CASAVA .. and we do observe a lot of snps.. Obviously we have to filter out and land on those precious few.. dbsnp-ve somatic snps.. do you use any particular algorithm for SNP validation prior to experimental validation?? I have heard of SIFT..was wondering if there are any better.. SIFT is mainly for exonic snps..

Comment

Sorry Shu we havnt got any such algorithm working yet. but this is from the SOAPsnp site;

"SOAPsnp uses a method based on Bayes’ theorem (the reverse probability model) to call consensus genotype by carefully considering the data quality, alignment, and recurring experimental errors."

We are also looking at doing some more filtering in MySQL if neccessary.

Comment

Good evening, everyone, I'm writing you from EMBL Genomics Core Facility in Heidelberg, Germany, of which I'm in charge. We've got 3 GAIIx, which we like, more or less. We are running pretty much every imaginable application on them and mostly successfully, luckily. However, the devil is in the detail and thus we also have gone thru our share of rather frustrating moments coming from all possible corners of GAIIx space.
                  Cheers, Vladimir

Comment

Gidday,

My name is Mike, I work for LIC, a dairy breeding cooperative in Hamilton, New Zealand. We use sequence data to breed better dairy bulls for pastoral based dairy farmers throughout the world.

"Our mice are large, black and white."

Comment

SIFT reaches the ceiling when it comes to het(1/2) called SNPs.. any obivous ways(computational) to get around it??not so obvious ones will be appreciated as well..

Comment

Hello, everybody,

I am working in Japan. Just I started working with illumina GAIIx for EST and RNA sequencing.

Best wishes!

Comment

Hi My Name is Martin I'm an Undergrad Student at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), I'm a student in the undergrad program of Genomic Sciences . Nowadays I'm working with solexa reads for my research project.

Comment

I'm a Research Biologist working at Merck Research Laboratories. I'm pretty new to next-gen sequencing but not new to most of the bench techniques. I've already gotten a couple of good suggestions off this forum! I hope to be able to help in the future as much as I get help now.

Comment

Hi,

Am undergrad student working at UMC Groningen, the Netherlands. Today is my first day and I'll be using Taverna to set up a pipeline for Genome Analyzer data analysis.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I am a PhD student at the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology. Usually working on metagenomics, but in the coming few months will be working on Solexa data.

Cheers,
                                Itai

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses