Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I'm Mark, the author of EULER-SR a short read assembler.
    Last edited by mchaisso; 06-17-2008, 12:31 PM.

Hey Mark, Glad to have you!

-+Eric

Comment

Thanks for introducing yourself - care to post a link and a description to your assembler?
      The more you know, the more you know you don't know. —Aristotle

Comment

Hi Mark,

I'm sitting in Dr. Pevzner's talk at CHI and he's talking about EULER-SR...he had to skip the algorithmic discussion in the interests of time...but we'd love to hear about it in it's own thread...

Comment

Unfortulately I missed most of that talk. He mentioned "Euler-usr" as in "ultra short reads"... is this a different version from Euler-SR, or is it just a slightly different name for the same thing, or did I misunderstand?

Cheers,

Scott.

Comment

prolly have to register to download code ... looks like "frontier" research

rudy

Comment

Yeah, I realised after I posted that, that the EULER-USR is different from the SR version, but is not available until publication (which is fair enough I guess).

Comment

A short description of EULER-SR

Originally posted by apfejes View Post
                Thanks for introducing yourself - care to post a link and a description to your assembler?
                I'm a student of Pavel Pevzner, at UCSD. The assembler, EULER-SR, performs de Bruijn based assembly of reads. The "SR" in the name is a bit of a misnomer, since it can handle any length read. Our first publication on EULER-SR came out in Genome Research early this year:

If you're coming from an academic or research institution, you can download it from:

The publication above is mainly regarding 454 reads, which I spent a lot of time getting it to work well on. Since then I've optimized it for Illumina reads as well, which mainly involved modifications that reduced memory usage - an E. coli assembly with 80X coverage runs on my desktop.

If you want to assemble Illumina reads, go ahead and download the software. The code that is pending publication is for the special case when you've run the sequencer dry of reagents, producing 50-60nt reads that have low quality ends.

For the next few days I've taken downloads offline since I need to improve the interface to euler-sr so that it is a bit more easy to run.
                Last edited by mchaisso; 06-17-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
                  Hi Mark,

I'm sitting in Dr. Pevzner's talk at CHI and he's talking about EULER-SR...he had to skip the algorithmic discussion in the interests of time...but we'd love to hear about it in it's own thread...

I'll present a poster about this at ISMB next month... let me know if you want to hear about it now.

-mark

Comment

Originally posted by mchaisso View Post
                    If you want to assemble Illumina reads, go ahead and download the software. The code that is pending publication is for the special case when you've run the sequencer dry of reagents, producing 50-60nt reads that have low quality ends.

For the next few days I've taken downloads offline since I need to improve the interface to euler-sr so that it is a bit more easy to run.
                    I'm interested in that. Is that what was discussed at the San Diego CHI conference? Is that going to be different version, or included in the standard download?

Cheers,

Scott.

Comment

Hello I was wondering how do you create the rul names file and if you would care to make a better description of how to make it and what does each column mean and all of that

Comment

helo

hi every one.
                        am a 3rd year undergrad student form INDIA in pursuing my engg in BIOINFORMATICS.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses