I'm Mark, the author of EULER-SR a short read assembler.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Hi Mark,
I'm sitting in Dr. Pevzner's talk at CHI and he's talking about EULER-SR...he had to skip the algorithmic discussion in the interests of time...but we'd love to hear about it in it's own thread...
Comment
-
prolly have to register to download code ... looks like "frontier" research
rudy
Comment
-
A short description of EULER-SR
I'm a student of Pavel Pevzner, at UCSD. The assembler, EULER-SR, performs de Bruijn based assembly of reads. The "SR" in the name is a bit of a misnomer, since it can handle any length read. Our first publication on EULER-SR came out in Genome Research early this year:Originally posted by apfejes View PostThanks for introducing yourself - care to post a link and a description to your assembler?
If you're coming from an academic or research institution, you can download it from:
The publication above is mainly regarding 454 reads, which I spent a lot of time getting it to work well on. Since then I've optimized it for Illumina reads as well, which mainly involved modifications that reduced memory usage - an E. coli assembly with 80X coverage runs on my desktop.
If you want to assemble Illumina reads, go ahead and download the software. The code that is pending publication is for the special case when you've run the sequencer dry of reagents, producing 50-60nt reads that have low quality ends.
For the next few days I've taken downloads offline since I need to improve the interface to euler-sr so that it is a bit more easy to run.Last edited by mchaisso; 06-17-2008, 12:54 PM.
Comment
-
Originally posted by ECO View PostHi Mark,
I'm sitting in Dr. Pevzner's talk at CHI and he's talking about EULER-SR...he had to skip the algorithmic discussion in the interests of time...but we'd love to hear about it in it's own thread...
I'll present a poster about this at ISMB next month... let me know if you want to hear about it now.
-mark
Comment
-
I'm interested in that. Is that what was discussed at the San Diego CHI conference? Is that going to be different version, or included in the standard download?Originally posted by mchaisso View PostIf you want to assemble Illumina reads, go ahead and download the software. The code that is pending publication is for the special case when you've run the sequencer dry of reagents, producing 50-60nt reads that have low quality ends.
For the next few days I've taken downloads offline since I need to improve the interface to euler-sr so that it is a bit more easy to run.
Cheers,
Scott.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
49 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
39 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment