Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 100%Wool
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2020
    • 1

    #1

    iSeq 100 user new here

    Hi Folks,
    iSeq 100 user here, checking in!
    May all your runs be bountiful
    Wool.
  • Zed
    Junior Member
    • May 2020
    • 1

    #2
    Hi Everyone, We acquired this machine recently. we are resource-limited researchers and want to sequence the CoV-2 genome from a limited number of patients. How many iseq cartridges will be needed per sample, if we use Enrichment Sequencing by Spiked Primer MSSPE method?

    Comment

    • jjimenez
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2023
      • 2

      #3
      Hello Everyone,
      I know this thread is quite old, but wanted to know how has your experience been so far with the iSeq 100?

      We have only performed one run, and although Q30 was quite good for the Read 1 and 2, the indexes were read with lower Q30, even though we had a good balance of bases in each cycle (checked after the run in basespace).

      I was wondering if there were other tips to improve Q30 during indexing? It's a shame to lose good reads due to poor indexing

      Comment

      • Ben3
        Member
        • Sep 2022
        • 79

        #4
        jjimenez I would imagine that the only way to improve the Q30 for index reads is to further increase the index complexity or add more PhiX. You said you had a good balance but I wondered if there was a way you further increase the diversity of these bases.

        Comment

        • jjimenez
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2023
          • 2

          #5
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Imx12.png
Views:	316
Size:	737.6 KB
ID:	324914
          OK,
          So this was not the greatest SeqRun, a lot of short fragments that give rise to the Poly-Gs you see after Cycle 120 (clearly, we have to be more stringent with the size selection). Going back to the Q30 metrics

          Read 1: 92.75% >Q30
          Read 2: 82.71% >Q30
          Read 3: 79.38% >Q30
          Read 4: 90.02% >Q30


          During the indexing reads, no base goes above 40% representantion. I wouldn't think its a diversity issue? And PhiX wouldn't help, since its not indexed (unless we get the indexed one from other sources, but I dont think we'll do that)

          The run was a bit underloaded though (82% ocupation), I wonder if that has any effect.

          Comment

          • Ben3
            Member
            • Sep 2022
            • 79

            #6
            jjimenez you're right, for some reason, I kept thinking PhiX adds to the index diversity but it doesn't. Although having a slightly underloaded run shouldn't cause this issue either. I haven't run anything on the iSeq yet, but whenever I had this problem on the NextSeq, I would just spike in other libraries for additional diversity. I know that doesn't answer your question but it seemed to help.

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Today, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            28 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            24 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            46 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
            1 response
            55 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...