Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer design Universal tailed Amplicon

Hi everyone! I am new in the forum. So, maybe my answer is extremely basic.

I want to design primers for a 454 experiment, but I have some questions.

Firstly, is it my design correct?

Secondly...the sequences of the MIDs in A and B primers should be the same? complement? o totally different?

Thanks in advance

Yep, looks good to me, assuming the blue portion with no sequence are your 454 sequencing adapters.

The MIDs can be the same, or different, or only on one end, depending on the amplicon and what you want to do. First, if your amplicon is long enough that you won't get full length sequences, you will definitely want the same MID on both ends so that you can always identify the sample. If you put a different MID on each end, you can encode many more samples with fewer MIDs, and therefore primers, but you can only use sequences that are full length and contain both MIDs. In this case, you will be using the combination of the two MIDs to separate samples which is easy to setup in AVA. This would be more cost effective especially if you will be pooling many samples together. If you are sequencing uni-directionally (with the L adapter sequences) you can put the MID only on the forward primer and use the same reverse primer for everything.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Addressing Off-Target Effects in CRISPR Technologies
        by seqadmin

The first FDA-approved CRISPR-based therapy marked the transition of therapeutic gene editing from a dream to reality1. CRISPR technologies have streamlined gene editing, and CRISPR screens have become an important approach for identifying genes involved in disease processes2. This technique introduces targeted mutations across numerous genes, enabling large-scale identification of gene functions, interactions, and pathways3. Identifying the full range...
        08-27-2024, 04:44 AM
      • seqadmin
        Selecting and Optimizing mRNA Library Preparations
        by seqadmin

Sequencing mRNA provides a snapshot of cellular activity, allowing researchers to study the dynamics of cellular processes, compare gene expression across different tissue types, and gain insights into the mechanisms of complex diseases. “mRNA’s central role in the dogma of molecular biology makes it a logical and relevant focus for transcriptomic studies,” stated Sebastian Aguilar Pierlé, Ph.D., Application Development Lead at Inorevia. “One of the major hurdles for...
        08-07-2024, 12:11 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 08-27-2024, 04:40 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 08-22-2024, 05:00 AM
      0 responses