X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isalarubi
    replied
    Sorry!

The sff file only has 2kb. This run was a totally disaster, so I think that we can forget it.

Thanks so much, and sorry, I'm totally new at this and I don't understand the most of the thinks.

Leave a comment:

• ajthomas
    replied
    Some questions to help us understand so we can help you:

Are you talking about the .fna and .qual files that are automatically created as part of the process, or are these files you created later from the .sff file?

Have you looked at the run in the Run Browser? How did that look?

What is the file size of the .sff file?

Leave a comment:

• glovesfox
    replied
    I don't have the same problem - I am trying to help you!
    You must have done something to generate fasta and qual files from the sff file. I'm guessing you used a tool called sfffile on the command line?

Leave a comment:

• sklages
    replied
    You still haven't provided any information on what you did. Has the run successfully finished? What have you done to create which fasta/qual files? What about your SFF files? Are these empty or not?

I don't have a crystal ball ;-)

Leave a comment:

• isalarubi
    replied
    Hi Glovesfox!

Finally, I couldn't generate the files, so if you have the same problem, I can't say you anything.

Sorry!

Isabel

Leave a comment:

• glovesfox
    replied
    Did you solve this problem? How did you generate your .fasta and .qual files?

Leave a comment:

• isalarubi
    started a topic sff into fasta/qual files

sff into fasta/qual files

Hi everybody!

I have a problem: when I have seen my fasta/qual files of my 454Jn run, I've realized that these files are 0kb, totally empty!!

anybody knows what happens?

thank you!!

Isabel

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Developments in Metagenomics
    by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
    09-23-2024, 06:35 AM
  • seqadmin
    Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
    by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
    09-09-2024, 10:59 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 10-02-2024, 04:51 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
0 responses