Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Salmon
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 9

    #1

    454 sequencing data coverage

    Dear All,

    I am currently working on 454 sequencing data. The average length of reads is ~200bp, and coverage is ~8-10X.

    Does anybody tell me how the data coverage is? Is it ok or not?
    Because when I do annotation, I found many many single nucleotide changes (mutation/insertion/deletion).

    Thank you.
  • sklages
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 628

    #2
    de-novo or refguided?

    We usually work with ~30x coverage when dealing with both denovo and refguided assemblies (FLX), Though you might need a bit less for refguided. This is for bacterial genome size projects (1-8Mb) here.

    Sven

    Comment

    • hlu
      Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 32

      #3
      We usually do 20x de novo assembly. This works for either FLX or Titanium.

      Sounds that you are still doing FLX.

      454 Titanium paired end data improved a lot compared to FLX paired end. Now I would think perferrably, 10x shot gun, and 10x paired end.

      Recently I did a de novo assembly on a , 454 machine can run 2 pads in same runs. 1 pad for shot gun, another pad for paired end data in same run. The fungi assembly worked well for us.
      Last edited by hlu; 02-05-2009, 02:23 PM.

      Comment

      • kmcarr
        Senior Member
        • May 2008
        • 1181

        #4
        Originally posted by hlu View Post
        454 Titanium paired end data improved a lot over compared to FLX paired end.
        hlu,

        I don't think the Titanium paired end kits are available yet. Are you doing a home brew paired end with Titanium?

        Comment

        • hlu
          Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 32

          #5
          Originally posted by kmcarr View Post
          hlu,

          I don't think the Titanium paired end kits are available yet. Are you doing a home brew paired end with Titanium?
          I am using early access 454 Titanium pairs end kits.

          There are not out there yet public. I heard from 454 sales that they will be out possibly within a month. So it will be there soon.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          13 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          37 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          28 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          48 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...