Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost per run on GAII

Does anyone know the current cost per run for the GAII, in terms of consumables etc.? How much does it change if you're just doing one lane? Any help would be awesome.

Hi,
    Here are my numbers which I give absolutely no guarantees on! They are a pretty good indication of the consumables needed per lane including flow cell and sequencing reagents. All costs assume one lane is used for PhiX and the other lanes share that cost. The numbers in brackets are what we currently exepct to get from a 36bp kit. We will wait and see what formats the new kits will come in, here's hoping for a 150bp sequencing kit!
    I hope you are all as stunned as I was when I saw that a 2x150bp lane costs only £1450 (£10K per flow cell). This brings the possibility of nearly 20M 250bp contigs using a 2x150bp read from a 250bp insert library. What can you NOT do with that?

1 lane of SE sequencing without library prep 36bp (44) £ 375
    1 lane of SE sequencing without library prep 72bp (88) £ 500
    1 lane of SE sequencing without library prep 108bp (132) £ 650
    1 lane of SE sequencing without library prep 144bp (176) £ 750

1 lane of PE sequencing without library prep 36bp (44) £ 700
    1 lane of PE sequencing without library prep 72bp (88) £ 950
    1 lane of PE sequencing without library prep 108bp (132) £ 1200
    1 lane of PE sequencing without library prep 144bp (176) £ 1450

Comment

Thanks for the info, James. Greatly appreciated.

Do people know if James' info is in line with what users end up paying in the US? Do they quote out lower prices for volume users?

Comment

What is the current cost of fragment library preps and number of sequences per lane on good runs?

Comment

up to 18M reads on GA2, should be almost 20M on a good day from GA2x pipeline 1.4.
          Library preps are about £250 per sample from Illumina but the oligo only kit can reduce this substantially. It is very dependant on which kit you want to use.

Comment

We cost about USD 1400 dollars per lane with 75bpXII PE sequencing per lane.

Comment

I think the core facility I've been using charges us about $450 per lane. I was told it will increase though, perhaps about 10%.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses