Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextera V2 sequences

Hi does anybody have the sequences for the new Nextera V2 library, apparently they changed the sequences a bit from the old one? I ask their support but they sent me a very cryptic "letter to customer" pdf with a bunch of sequences for TruSeq and Nextera but I can't tell which is which.

Just got off the phone from Illumina support, unlike V1, Nextera V2 does not provide the sequences of its primers/adapters. Extremely annoying, has anybody done Sanger Sequencing of these kits?

Comment

This is annoying as anyone that really wants the seqeunces will just get them off a seqeuncer. Illumina were very happy to release sequences over the last few years, although a while back they tried hard to keep the Y-shaped structure more secret. Hopefully someone higher up will see they are only creating bad feeling and release them.

Comment

The worst part is that they send you a generic document "letter to customer" where they just through all the TruSeq sequences at you, and I wasted 3 days trying to figure out. I thought: well they know what they are doing so probably the seqs are there and I just can't figure out how the adapter fits into the transposon. I had to call tech support, and the guy there was really nice, he said: sorry this is a corporate issue I just cant give you the sequences because Illumina has chosen not to release them. So at least I know that I'm not crazy, the adapters they sent me won't fit the transposon. Now we have to sue the rep that sold us the machine because in the tender it says that we have to get all the sequences of adapters and primers required for the process. But its just so annoying, what are they hoping to achieve?
        You know we wanted to buy a IonTorrent initially, but the tender they gave us was twice as much as the MiSeq (since we don't have a Covaris Sonicator) and the IonProton was coming out. So it was impossible to choose a soon to be outdated machine for twice as much as a proving working available system with Nextera which we really really like. Please somebody come up with a decent runner up to MiSeq so that Illumina doesn't rule us with this iron fist! NanoPore? Ion? Solid?
        Last edited by aleferna; 05-10-2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

my apologies for the rant... I needed to vent..

Comment

Covaris sonicator? What's that have to do with Ion Torrent? Library prep really has nothing to do with the sequencer aside from getting the adapters on so you can sequence it. How you fragment your template has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Well, you have to fragment you sample to sequence it, we don't have a sonicator hence if we had a IonTorrent it would be useless?? Illumina provides a alternative way through Nextera, I guess if you already have a sonicator this is not an issue, but if you start from 0 like us then the sonicator you have to choose between MiSeq/Nextera or Ion/Covaris solution. A sequencer is useless unless you can prepare your sample no? Hey I'm no fan of Illumina, not today specially, but if you are NOT a sequencing facility, they still have the best and cheapest option by far. As I said I wanted to buy an Ion, I didn't buy it because it was more expensive than a MiSeq (due to the ridiculously server they sell with it) and because they didn't provide a complete solution, we had to get a sonicator that was as expensive as the sequencer... If somebody from Ion is listening, embed a stupid little computer in the sequencer (ala miseq) and give me a cd with the software to process the data or make it in the cloud, the server is killing your solution, its bulky, it takes too much space and time to manage and configure, and most of all figure out how to sell a solution that competes with Nextera.

Comment

hi....Can any one tell me, how exactly the phred quality score is assigned while sequencing....
                Last edited by Vivek Todur; 05-11-2012, 02:14 AM.

Comment

You do know that Ion already has an enzyme solution:
                  Our website is temporarily unavailable while we make enhancements to improve your experience. Sorry for the inconvenience and please check back later or contact us via phone during normal business hours.

I still don't understand why a covaris is required in your eyes...? There are so many other ways to fragment a library without buying the rolls royce of sonicators. Who gave you that idea? Besides, you could probably swap the oligos out of the nextera kit to use it for ion. Nextera was used for flx before illumina bought them a while back.

Comment

Well, maybe you're right and this has changed, when I looked it up last time the only thing I could find was somebody saying that the kit was not working. Still is quite a new untested kit... I haven't heard too much about it, does it work? Any data on its performance against Nextera?

Comment

Originally posted by aleferna View Post
                      Well, you have to fragment you sample to sequence it, we don't have a sonicator hence if we had a IonTorrent it would be useless?? ...
                      Here is a cheap enzymatic solution to your problem:
                      This is the default text for fallback 404 continue text

Comment

Originally posted by aleferna View Post
                        Just got off the phone from Illumina support, unlike V1, Nextera V2 does not provide the sequences of its primers/adapters. Extremely annoying, has anybody done Sanger Sequencing of these kits?
                        I think this may have just changed. (Today?) The new letter (down-loadable from illumina.com if you are registered for icom/MyIllumina, appears to be much more detailed (and diagrammatic) than earlier letters.

The date on the letter I downloaded from the site, is May 24th -- so it may just have appeared today?

--
                        Phillip

Comment

Here's the link directly to it, since their site makes it annoyingly over-complicated to find...https://icom.illumina.com/Download/S...tUCIhbHYc3NkUw

Comment

Thanks a lot for the link! Quite a few people must have been waiting for this.

Comment

yeap although according to support those are NOT the sequencing primers, those are the old ones, the new ones are still "secret". Why do they send this generic ill conceived document with all the sequences that I already had? Why not just Nextera - sequences, MiSeq - sequences, TruSeq ????? must they make everything so complicated?

We have to order some adapters for these sequences for a custom protocol and we've been fighting for this for a month and with all this versions I'm not sure which one to order.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses