X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When TruSeq RNA 3.0 coming?

Version 3 is in the beta testing phase

I hear that it will be directional

Will it be a revised and repackaged Script Seq V2?

I heard nothing. But I hope we get 96 or 384 dual index combinations.
    Since the TruSeq DNA HT kit has been released with 96 dual index combinations, it seems likely these could be used with the RNA kit. Just dilute them 30x, right?

--
    Phillip

Comment

Tired of indexs

Until they find a way of reliably plexing samples anything above 6 indexes is superfulous. Would anyone in their right mind plex 24 RNA or DNA?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "reliably plexing samples". Expand a little?

We do plex 24 now sometimes. Would like to be able to do more -- lots more. Mainly so we could do a single MiSeq run to get a read on what the correct amount of a pool should be loaded to get a given cluster density on all the lanes of a HiSeq run.

--
        Phillip

Comment

Need for normalization

We do not have a MiSeq so for our multiplexing we have to rely on several non perfect measurements to pool libraries. Currently even our best practices still give us some libraries with 2-3 fold more reads than others. Most of the core facilities in my area won't even go above a 4-plex.

Comment

Ah, that. Yes, we have the same issue, but I thought it must not be a general issue. Doesn't seem to be discussed much here. 2-3x for the most outlying samples of a pool sounds good to me. Well, at least for large pools.

But I don't completely get why, for example, splitting 12 samples up among 3 lanes gets you a better outcome than putting all 12 samples in all 3. Is it that, in addition to the 2-3 fold differences you sometimes get major outliers -- like >5x high for one sample and that leaves you with very few reads to be split among all the rest?

--
            Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses