Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • miu007
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 4

    #1

    RNA fragmentation problem

    Dear Mighty fellows,

    I am new to RNA-Seq. Right now I am optimizing the RNA fragmentation conditions. I have tried incubating RNA with NEB Next fragmentation buffer for 3-5mins. All resulted in around 150nt fragments. I just tried 1min and 2min. In attached is a picture of that. My question is why there is always a 150nt peak in all conditions. Would anyone like to comment on that?

    The other question is the fragment distribution after 2 min incubation too wide for RNA-Seq. I am making library for 100bp pair-end sequencing.

    Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • CottonJack
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 11

    #2
    Hi Miu,

    I have just experience the same thing, fragmenting pure viral RNA. I`ve tried 6,7,8,9,10 min with this buffer and also different times (10, 15 min) with RNAse III module. Also, I always got the same size, around 200 bp.

    Maybe decreasing (or increasing in my case, since I want smaller fragments) the concentrations would help.....

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Yesterday, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    9 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    31 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    27 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    47 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...