No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextera Exome Enrichment kit

Hi,Hello,

I am using 150ng FFPE DNA to prepare a library for HiSeq. After 1st amplification, DNA concentrations are too low, not enough for 500ng suggested for hybridisation. Followed the protocol excatly.

Any advise appreciated. Should I increase PCr cycles from 10 to 12 ?? But with Sure Select Agilent kits we haev seen that increasing PCr cycles decreases conc of DNA.

Thanks

How well did the tagmentation work with FFPE samples? You may have many fragments with one integration site, not allowing for the majority of your sample to have both adapters for the PCR step.

When I have used nextera in the past with amplicons I had to pad the ends to allow for integration space and still sequence the region of interest. I have processed 48 samples with cell line DNA with nextera exome and a bit skeptical it would work well with FFPE.

For FFPE exome I prefer a standard library followed by capture. I usually don't have to shear the DNA very much if at all before making a library.

Comment

How exactly did you pad the ends??

Thanks

Comment

Apologies for the unclear terminology. I should have said I made the amplicon larger. If I just used the standard amplicon nextera would integrate often only once or if twice it would cut off parts that I wanted to sequence. Too small of amplicons didn't work at all with nextera.

Comment

I would agree that Nextera with FFPE is not a good fit. You may see a reduced on target as well. Traditional library methods will likely yield better results as epistatic stated.

Comment

Has anyone tried increasing TDE for more than 150ng DNA input? We are getting low values even after increasing input DNA and PCr cycles to 12

Any input with FFPE DNA Nextera protocol will be helpful

THanks

Comment

Has this kit been renamed to "Nextera Rapid Capture Exome and Expanded Exome Kits"?

Comment

None of the above. It just says "Nextera Exome Enrichment " Kit divided into 3 boxes,all labelled the same

Comment

Originally posted by dummyseq View Post
                  Has anyone tried increasing TDE for more than 150ng DNA input? We are getting low values even after increasing input DNA and PCr cycles to 12

Any input with FFPE DNA Nextera protocol will be helpful

THanks
                  Hi dummyseq,
                  what about your libraries from FFPE samples? Did you obtain and captured whole exome libraries good for Hiseq?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses