Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will fragmentation buffer of mRNA-seq cut 200nt of my sample into small pieces?

Hi, Everyone,

More than 60% of my RNA sample is about 30-200nt, and other are from 200nt-2000nt, I am wondering whether the fragmentation buffer of mRNA-seq will cut 200nt of my sample into small pieces? so I can not sequence this part of RNA, or the fragmentation is random, so I can still get the sequence information of them? what is the best strategy if I want to get all the information of the RNA, is it necessary if I sequence the first library without fragmentation and the second with fragmentation? or it is not necessary to do so as the 200nt RNA will still exist? I am going to use illumina reagents. Thanks.

Hi, the fragmentation is through a chemical reaction (interaction of the RNA with metals [e.g. Mg2+]), thus it should be random.
    Nevertheless the most efficient approach seems to sequence at least two length based fractions of the RNA separately.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses